1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - box art - release in 2021

ICM is to release 1/48th Douglas B-26K   Counter Invader kits.

- ref. 48279 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader, USAF Vietnam War Attack Aircraft NEW - III quarter

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48279

- ref. 48280 - Douglas B-26K with USAF Pilots & Ground Personnel NEW - IV quarter

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48280

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Homebee changed the title to  1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - release in 2021

So this is the Vietnam era version if the venerable WWII bomber than!

Interesting :)

This is an absolute must have for me, I predicted it last year as there are giveaways in the current boxing, I contacted ICM last year and they said it will happen in '21.

Fantastic news.

• Homebee changed the title to  1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - box art - release in 2021

hope they sort out the nose, gun nose on the current kits being 5 mm too short, quite visible omission, in fact with Bu 131 wrong prop hub position biggest ICM omission ( aviation wise ) in the last few years...

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

hope they sort out the nose, gun nose on the current kits being 5 mm too short, quite visible omission, in fact with Bu 131 wrong prop hub position biggest ICM omission ( aviation wise ) in the last few years...

I thought I was fooling myself when I thought the nose was short....thanks for the headsup!

Anyway I hope they get all the specific details right like the wheels, engines, rudders, and cockpit layout...and so much more ....

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

did not notice it until I compared it to Promodeler, it really sticks out, so much for all the so called reviews, out of dozen nobody even checked fundamental proportions,  cannot say if bomber nose is ok...

• Like 1