another new member

marterrin

Hi there.

I am an Australian living in Germany and have rekindled my childhood love of modelling, I'm about to start the tamiya mercedes 300 gullwing. I'm going to paint it with zero paints Mercedes silver. I have zero paints 2k clearcoat but the hardener has gone rock hard can I use the hardener from the 2k diamond coat? is there any difference in the hardener or is it just relabeled? I can't seem to purchase the old 2k hardener.

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome. i have a hand in everything but mostly AFV,s although I'm currently working on a revell p-61 it's a really old kit with lots of seem lines and flashing, alot of work to do. tried to detail cockpit but instrument panel is not raised enough so pin wash doesn't get into the nooks and crannies. so just going to put this one down to a technique improving exercise.

2 hours ago, marterrin said:

thanks for the welcome. i have a hand in everything but mostly AFV,s although I'm currently working on a revell p-61 it's a really old kit with lots of seem lines and flashing, alot of work to do. tried to detail cockpit but instrument panel is not raised enough so pin wash doesn't get into the nooks and crannies. so just going to put this one down to a technique improving exercise.

Ive built a few of those over the years. Have you ever tried dry brushing, it is usually my go to for details in cockpits. 

3 hours ago, marterrin said:

I have never tried dry brushing, but after watching a clip on you tube about it I'm going to give it a go. thanks for the advise. 

No problem Im always happy to help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, if I cant help I may have an idea of who can. 

Dennis