++What Tank is that?++

supersonic

No injection kit yet - although we have Every Conceivable Paper Panzer (and some inconceiveble ones.......).  ARE YOU LISTENING KIT MAKERS?

Apart from being expensive the AA one is likely to be hard work.  It's one of their older kits.  I chickened out of mine and sold it on.  Someone I know is building 3 for commissions, but then he is mad.  The hull is a hefty single solid block.  The suspension parts are white metal.  Strong joins and preventing sagging over time might be a problem.  I might have been tempted to rout out much of the inside from underneath to reduce the weight, with appropriate breathing and eye protection of course.

Tracks are straight resin sections and mine were all bowed sideways.  Because I bought it 2nd hand rather than directly, AA wouldn't replace them although it was clear manufacture fault.  Shaping the resin strips around the sprocket and idlers and getting the top run sag might be difficult.  There are no direct after market alternatives, but the RPM injection indy links for the Vickers 6t/T26 are a passable alternative and are cheap - although hard to find in the UK.  But you should be able to get them from Europe below the £15 VAT limit.  I only paid about £4 for mine from Poland, plus shipping.

• Like 2

@Das Abteilung

...as you said we have every and each Paper Panzer and other projected vehicles which is great anyway but that otherwise we don't have one good kit of such an important and at least to my eyes

beautiful Tank is hard to understand especially considering the fact that we have more good AFV focused companies than ever....

I was looking for this in 1/72 and was disappointed that it doesnt seem to exist in plastic or in resin, but then there are a few other gaps in the British tank line up in 1/72 like the A10, the Covenanter and the Archer.

18 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

I was looking for this in 1/72 and was disappointed that it doesnt seem to exist in plastic or in resin, but then there are a few other gaps in the British tank line up in 1/72 like the A10, the Covenanter and the Archer.

Dan Taylor Modelworks has just brought out a conversion for the Covenanter in 1/72 using the IBG crusader.

4 minutes ago, badger said:

Dan Taylor Modelworks has just brought out a conversion for the Covenanter in 1/72 using the IBG crusader.

13 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Milicast do the A10 and Archer in 1/76 resin.

Stuart

Thanks for the tips, my preference is plastic but I actually picked up a Wee Friends Covenantor as I thought I'd give resin a go. Ive been staring at it for a while wondering how the hell you remove the casting gates along the entire length of the tracks without destroying them...even with a razor saw it doesn't look fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

Thanks for the tips, my preference is plastic but I actually picked up a Wee Friends Covenantor as I thought I'd give resin a go. Ive been staring at it for a while wondering how the hell you remove the casting gates along the entire length of the tracks without destroying them...even with a razor saw it doesn't look fun.

I do them by removing small chunks at a time with a pair of nippers, then using a sharp knife to carve away the reminder. Less dust this route but you do have to be careful not to shatter the tracks.

Luckily if you do resin is fairly easy to glue back together (don't ask how I know!!)

• Like 1

If you wanted something slightly larger than 1/72, 1st Corps offer a couple of very nice (if basic) resin Matilda Is in 1/48 scale - primarily aimed at the 28mm wargames market but still decent for quality and also for being proper 1/48 scale.

Early - https://1stcorps.co.uk/product/a11-matilda-mki-infantry-tank/

Late - https://1stcorps.co.uk/product/a11-matilda-mki-infantry-tank-2/

13 minutes ago, John Tapsell said:

If you wanted something slightly larger than 1/72, 1st Corps offer a couple of very nice (if basic) resin Matilda Is in 1/48 scale - primarily aimed at the 28mm wargames market but still decent for quality and also for being proper 1/48 scale.

Early - https://1stcorps.co.uk/product/a11-matilda-mki-infantry-tank/

Late - https://1stcorps.co.uk/product/a11-matilda-mki-infantry-tank-2/

Their Matilda 2 looks good. Which is another difficult one to get in 1/72 plastic but not impossible. The S-model Matilda 2 isnt bad actually.

18 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Their Matilda 2 looks good. Which is another difficult one to get in 1/72 plastic but not impossible. The S-model Matilda 2 isnt bad actually.

The 1st Corps option Isn't bad, but Tamiya's 1/48 Matilda is a much better choice in my view - built two of them in 2020.