WW1 Peugeot armoured car

leyreynolds

I feel the need to wish you luck with that quest!  I'm not sure you'll find anything.  There seem to be plenty of outside views but nothing inside.  And no survivors to refer to.

I imagine the inside of the MG version will be similar to the Minerva as just released by Copper State.  Basically just the floor and the inside walls of the body with rivets, plate join fishplates etc.  Hotchkiss feed strips came in end-opening wooden boxes.  The ready-use one might be open on the floor, but whether there were racks/brackets for others is questionable.  Maybe vertical at floor level around the edges of the fighting compartment, arranged so that the box tops can be opened and strips extracted.  This would seem logical.  But maybe not: it is French after all ..............

spacer.png  spacer.png

I suspect that the 37mm version was similar and probably also used loose ammunition boxes rather than racked rounds.  The 37mm rounds came also packed in very similar wooden boxes (they may even be the same box as the 8mm) but in cloth bandoliers inside.  Again, they might have been racked vertically around the edge of the fighting compartment in a way where the top could be opened and the bandolier extracted.  The loader would undoubtedly be holding or wearing the in-use bandolier.

spacer.png

Copper State are apparently planning as many as 16 WW1 AC kits in 1/35.  Their next 2 are the Fiat IZM and Canadian Autocar.  Maybe they will do a Peugeot.

But one advantage of not being able to say definitively that something is right is that it can't also be definitively said to be wrong.

• Like 2