US Navy SEAL - 1/16 Legends Productions

Evening all

Although I finished this a while ago, I never took any decent photos (or posted it here), but since I (and the rest of the country) are spending their time at home, now is the perfect time for both :D This is Legends Productions 1/16 US Navy SEAL Operator (No. 1 since there are 3 models). Although I'd painted several 1/35 figures before (badly), the small size meant I could never pull of UCP or Multicam properly, so I decided to build a large scale figure.

This was one of Legends new figures which they modelled in 3D on a CAD programme and then, I think 3D printed to make the master for casting - the benefit of this is very precise fit so construction was a breeze! This left more time for the more difficult part of painting 😮 

Not having any clue what colours to use, I printed out a sample of Multicam, and set about trying to match the 6 colours in the pattern (2x base earth/browns, 2x greens & a dark brown and tan/buff colour on top). I used a combination of Vallejo Model Colour & Model Air to match the colours. The face/skin was also a Vallejo base with details, shadows and highlights done oils - actually all the blending and weathering of the whole figure was done with oils as they gave me a long enough working time to get everything right. Final weathering was done on the figure and base with pigments to tie the two together.

bsQPHda.jpg

iWycic2.jpg

Probably not realistic, but I felt some colour was needed, hence the blue carabiner - this was painted silver with Tamiya clear blue over it to give it a proper metallic look.

2p3PaoP.jpg

The plinth is a one piece resin cast painted black and polished. On top of that I built a simple stone/wood floor base.

QUai0xT.jpg

i0rhjX6.jpg

FklLEKJ.jpg

QpXywUy.jpg

The detail on the figure is so crisp!

ElNCkEi.jpg

The CAD sculpted face is well detailed but a bit sterile compared to something from Alpine or Hornet, not that it matters since most of it is hidden.

U7pBGT7.jpg

The casings are actually 1/35 0.50 cal casings, which work out to be quite similar to 5.56 casings in 1/16.

1Dfb0in.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 14