Airfix delay

Grizzly

Hands up anyone who has had everything in their lives, particularly in the last year, go entirely according to plan.  Anyone?  No?  Airfix have some very long supply chains, some of which have taken an even bigger hammering from Covid 19 than the UK has.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the Airfix/Hornby HQ in Ramsgate makes the Marie Celeste look over-manned at the moment.  I know the Hornby 2021 range launch should have happened yesterday but I don’t know if it did and whether it’s demands have left staff out of position or compromised health-wise.  I know that Airfix haven’t had a brilliant track record for on time delivery of new product (but I got my nice shiny new Blenheim Is this morning😁😁😁😁😎😎) but don’t forget only a very few years ago they were on the verge of going under.  I’d far rather have a delayed announcement than no Airfix, and it’s not as if Father Christmas (other benign seasonal gift distributing entities are available, and I don’t include A*a*o* there, are available) hasn’t left us plenty of new kits and toys to keep ourselves busy with.

• Like 9

I think we should look upon the Airfix - Hornby websites crashing as a very good thing.

It shows that there is very great interest in their hobby items, which is healthy for their business and thus for our hobbies in general

• Like 10

• Greg B locked this topic