New OV10A Bronco from ICM , 1/48 scale, news from the 2021 program

gioca

On 11/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, Stephen said:

In stock at Hannants

Yep, the posties just delivered mine! Very nice it looks in the box too... Talking of boxes I think the box art is stunning; it just shouts "build me!" (at least that's what I'm hearing when I look at the shiny lid); and I love the way ICM present the printed part as a cover for a much more robust plain cardboard box and integral opening lid. Really functional and it's sorta stash crush resistant... Revell, something to take a look at guys, maybe...?  In fact I really like the whole kit presentation. Parts packed in resealable cellophane bags (ok not every sprue is individually packed - but i think that's ok), really clear instruction booklet with 4 view colour paint/marking diagrams - it looks like something from a far-east manufacturer. I also got the dedicated ICM acrylic paint set with matching box-art, for the perfect ensemble. Fits nicely in the kit box until i'm ready to use it. Did I mention that box art....? Wow!  

This is not a review, but in response to the earlier discussion and  ready to get shot down here by those more learned, but to my aging eyes this kit seems to have delicate panel lines and both raised and very fine recessed rivets which are, personally I think, as good as anything I've seen from other manufacturers. I think if they were much finer they would be just about invisible.  Alongside the Cessna O-2 Skymaster, I always found the Airfix equivalent kits fascinating subjects for some reason and this kit has definitely rekindled my interest.  I hope it builds as well as it looks there in the box - I'm sure it will be popular and sell well. I'm loving ICM 🙂

Rich

PS I wonder if they've any plans for a Grumman OV-1 Mohawk...   

Edited by RichG
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

FWIW, Roden produced multiple 1/48 OV-1 boxings.

Never knew that - thanks for the heads-up - I'll take a look. The Mohawk certainly seems to fit into the same quirky looking armed military observation and attack stable as the Bronco.  Also its a type I don't think I've ever built before - or know much about. It certainly looks interesting.

Thanks again

Rich (mutual stash growth society 🙂)

Edited by RichG

1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

Ooh, this is putting intense pressure on my stash growth moratorium. 😱

FWIW, Roden produced multiple 1/48 OV-1 boxings.

😉

- ref. 406 - Grumman OV-1A/JOV-1A Mohawk - http://www.roden.eu/HTML/406.html

- ref. 410 - Grumman OV-1B Mohawk - http://www.roden.eu/HTML/410.html

- ref. 413 - Grumman OV-1D Mohawk - http://www.roden.eu/HTML/413.html

- ref. 437 - Grumman OV-1C Mohawk - http://www.roden.eu/HTML/437.html

https://www.scalemates.com/fr/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=Mohawk+Ov-1+1%2F48+Roden

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

Hm, I didn't find mention of the wonderful @CaracalModels decals for the OV-10.

I have no interest of any sort other than being a great fan of his products!

I believe if you have an account with Scalemates you can add these kind of items yourself. Personally I've added instruction sheets to an item. 

It appears that ICM forgot the vortex generators on the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer. They are shown in the instruction booklet but are not on the plastic. I'm looking forward to what the aftermarket will come up with. I've been waiting a long time to have a new Bronco!

• Sad 1

I got my copy of this kit yesterday and it is remarkable value for money. However, if you've got one you might want to check it. Mine is missing a chunk from the leading edge of the wing at the nacelle from a short shot.

Jon

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

I got my copy of this kit yesterday and it is remarkable value for money. However, if you've got one you might want to check it. Mine is missing a chunk from the leading edge of the wing at the nacelle from a short shot.

Jon

Checked mine, no short shot.:phew:

• 4 weeks later...

The chance of this version is slim, but on the other hand ICM often gives another frame with additional elements in subsequent years.

It is also an option, for example, for Special Hobby, which added plastic and resin parts to the ICM kit, thus releasing the Ju 88C-4 (SH48177) and Ju 88D-2/D-4 (SH48178).

26 minutes ago, matti64 said:

I have to  confess to being disappointed that the tailcone is not moulded as a separate part, which suggests that a German Target tug is not one of the future options considered.

They did do a new fuselage and wings for the Counter Invader so don’t rule the German tug out!

cheers, Jan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jabba said:

On Hannants web site they are saying December release.

Looking back down the thread the  OV-10A was released in Ukraine by ICM on October 20th. and arrived in stock near enough two weeks later with Hannants on November 2nd. so allowing for seasonal delays in all parts of the delivery chain which some are forecasting as being more pronounced this year then I would not be surprised if we don't get it in our sticky little acquisitive paws until early in the New Year by which time all vestiges of goodwill should be long gone and their arrival will be met with the usual comments of  - not more kits , where are you going to find room for them , when are you going to build the hundreds you already have  -  adding to the usual background of a wet , cold , miserable January.

• Like 1