New OV10A Bronco from ICM , 1/48 scale, news from the 2021 program

gioca

On 2/4/2021 at 1:11 PM, Admiral Puff said:

I hope that someone does a set of firespotter decals (and if they need references, I can assist ...).

He does them in 4 scales. Here is the 48 scale sheet. They are the old CDF not Cal Fire markings.
https://www.shopdrawdecal.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=48-OV10-1
Like this one I took at Santa Rosa back in 2001.
df7jeFA.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Des said:

Is there sufficient space under the cockpit floor for enough depleted uranium to keep the nose down?

Possibly not, might need to get creative and also put some in the front part of the engine nacelles and behind the rear bulkhead?

It might also be a good candidate for a brass undercarriage!

Edited by hopkp
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Des said:

Is there sufficient space under the cockpit floor for enough depleted uranium to keep the nose down?

You have some to spare?

MiG-15 and 17s would also be in need! No I do not mean on the receiving end...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rodenlee said:

Anyone know of a 1/48 OV-10B conversion out there??

4 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Well my dream is a OV-10B conversion kit for a Luftwaffe target tug😉

I would imagine that it would be forthcoming once the aftermarket guys can get their hands on the kit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates since March? I see nothing new on the ICM site.  Keen to get one seeing RAAF FAC's served on Broncos with the USAF in Vietnam. 

Ray

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 11:05, Ray_W said:

Any updates since March? I see nothing new on the ICM site.  Keen to get one seeing RAAF FAC's served on Broncos with the USAF in Vietnam. 

Ray

Release on  18/11/2021

Source: https://icm.com.ua/aviation/ov-10a-bronco/

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/north-american-ov-10a-bronco---us-attack-aircraft-expected-november-2021-icm-48300-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=180814

OV.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Julien changed the title to New OV10A Bronco from ICM , 1/48 scale, news from the 2021 program
33 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Release 18/11/2021

Thanks for that. I obviously did not read it very well.

Ray

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see on the Hannants website, ICM are  also planning to release a dedicated paint set for their new OV-10A. I didn't even know they did paints but I have to say I'm a bit of a sucker for new paints. 

I don't recall building an ICM kit before although this has got my attention. Perhaps alongside their Cessna O-2A Skymaster and their Vietnam era pilots and ground personnel... although I see ICM are planning to release this combo too.  

Rich

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, RichG said:

I see on the Hannants website, ICM are  also planning to release a dedicated paint set for their new OV-10A. I didn't even know they did paints but I have to say I'm a bit of a sucker for new paints. 

I don't recall building an ICM kit before although this has got my attention. Perhaps alongside their Cessna O-2A Skymaster and their Vietnam era pilots and ground personnel... although I see ICM are planning to release this combo too.  

Rich

spacer.png

Aqueous or lacquer based acylics?

Les

2 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

Aqueous or lacquer based acylics?

According to ICM on their Facebook page, their new paint range  "are water-based acrylic paint" and made by ICM. Previously only available in Ukraine & Russia/CIS.

Rich

Edited by RichG