1/24 | Porsche 911 Turbo '88| Tamiya |

Hi all, bought this kit to regain my "mojo" and completed in 3-4 weeks time. Since the body of the car is printed in one piece with all its bumpers and spoiler and etc, masking was quite difficult, even though it seemed like an easy kit at first glance.  Front lights' washers and dashboard frame (not visible though:)) were scratchbuild. Rest is out of the box.

Thanks for your comments...

salih

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, airea said:

Since the body of the car is printed in one piece with all its bumpers and spoiler and etc, masking was quite difficult, even though it seemed like an easy kit at first glance.

I agree - not an easy kit to detail paint but well worth the effort, as you have shown here!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DreamGarage said:

Amazing finish. I assume that you use an airbrush. Or do you use aerosol?

Thanks for kind and encouraging words.. The black base is decanted from Tamiya's spray can and shot with an airbrush at 13-15 psi  (I guess). Tamiya spray paints are amazing with very good coverage and very short curing durations. For the gloss final coat, I used Standox 2k clear varnish, which is actually a 1:1 size car gloss varnish used in automotive body paint shops. The gloss is mixed with its own hardener and tiner. I shot the mixture in one session in my home-build paint booth and as quickly as possible because the gloss coat catches lint and dust very easily. I left it for a day or two to fully cure. Corrected a few spots with 2500-3000-4000 grit sanding papers and applied a polish compound, which was again produced for 1:1 car polishing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airea said:

Thanks for kind and encouraging words.. The black base is decanted from Tamiya's spray can and shot with an airbrush at 13-15 psi  (I guess). Tamiya spray paints are amazing with very good coverage and very short curing durations. For the gloss final coat, I used Standox 2k clear varnish, which is actually a 1:1 size car gloss varnish used in automotive body paint shops. The gloss is mixed with its own hardener and tiner. I shot the mixture in one session in my home-build paint booth and as quickly as possible because the gloss coat catches lint and dust very easily. I left it for a day or two to fully cure. Corrected a few spots with 2500-3000-4000 grit sanding papers and applied a polish compound, which was again produced for 1:1 car polishing. 

thank you. great advice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...