1/48 - Gotha Go-242A/B by ICM - Go-242A & B released

Homebee

ICM is to release 1/48th Gotha Go-242 kits.

Gliders to put alongside the ICM's 1/48th Heinkel He.111Z Zwilling, I suppose!

- ref. 48225 - Gotha Go-242B, WWII German Landing Glider (100% new molds) - March2022

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48225

48225-boxart-eng.jpg

- ref. 48226 - Gotha Go 242A, WWII German Landing Glider

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48226

ICM48226.jpg

Go242.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

The Horsa would be a large and impressive model in quarter scale.

Tommo.

Master Box a long time ago said that they would produce in 1/35 - I pre ordered one, but never seen the lights of day. Not sure where I would put it of course! 

It would. Given that we have a fair few 1/48 armour and vehicle options now that might be a seller. The Horsa was a lot for a C-47 to tow, preferring a four-engined tug, though I believe it did happen sometimes, so if you pick carefully you could do a full start-of-mission diorama. 

23 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

The Horsa would be a large and impressive model in quarter scale.

8 minutes ago, IT_Man said:

Master Box a long time ago said that they would produce in 1/35 - I pre ordered one, but never seen the lights of day. Not sure where I would put it of course! 

Bronco actually did it

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/bronco-cb35195-airspeed-as51-horsa-glider-mki--393494

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ka-Efka said:

Judging from their behaviour so far I think that's rather possible 🙂

Let's cross our fingers, but not hold our breath.  There are enough poorly people around at the moment without us asphyxiating ourselves ;)

Given similarity Go 244 is in my opinion certain, regarding Horsa, Bronco kit is superlative, but as anyone who has purchased the kit can attest-its enormous,

so new 72nd or 48th scale would be more than welcome, as ICM does read forums I would like to see Me 321/323 and DFS 230 in the future,

He 111Z already being tooled😄

Edited by Thomas V.

The Bronco Horsa Mk I is far from perfect with inaccurate canopy glazing, landing skid shock absorber, excessive fabric sag on the rudder and absolutely none on the wing, plus lots of other minor niggles. As for their Mk II apart from all the previously mentioned faults carried over from the Mk I the landing skid shock absorber is now completely wrong rather than just inaccurate, but the biggest error is the whole nose shape - you can't just put hinges on a Mk I Horsa nose and call it a Mk II they were totally different shapes.

I look forward to ICM's Gotha its a glider I've studied less so I'll be more forgiving of minor errors (if there are any).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Gotha Go-242A/B by ICM - box art+3D renders - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Gotha Go-242A/B by ICM - box art+3D renders - release December 2021
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Gotha Go-242A/B by ICM - box art+3D renders - Go-242B release January 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Gotha Go-242A/B by ICM - Go-242B released

On 11/3/2021 at 8:41 PM, Homebee said:

Box art - ref. 48225 - Gotha Go-242B

Release expected on March 9th, 2022

Source: https://icm.com.ua/aviation/gotha-go-242b/

48225-boxart-eng.jpg

Above is announced and below the released box arts:

278418669-1886188608240735-3416866330818

Please not the difference - the squadron emblem on the nose!

BTW - what painting schemes are in box?

Regards

J-w