1/32 - Bell AH-1G Cobra (early & late) by ICM - released - Special Hobby & Revell boxings

Homebee

Rebox with additional resin and PE parts from Special Hobby - https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/09/sh32082-ah-1g-cobra-early-tails-over.html

We decided to buy this kit and offer it in Hi-Tech version. Our rebox of the SH32082 AH-1G Cobra 'Early Tails over Vietnam' Hi-Tech Kit 1/32 offers a large number of resin parts that surpass the plastic parts in quality, if not directly correcting their flaws. Additional details to enhance the model can be found in the PE sets.

spacer.png

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Rebox with additional resin and PE parts from Special Hobby - https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/09/sh32082-ah-1g-cobra-early-tails-over.html

Nice!

I see a lot of things that I like in the update parts.

Would these be available separately for those that already have an AH-1G?

Cheers, Stefan.

34 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Would these be available separately for those that already have an AH-1G?

It is hard to say. Some probably do, especially fitting the various versions of the AH-1G. But some may not be available later, just so people buy the whole thing in a Special Hobby box.

This is not Special Hobby's first collaboration with ICM. In 2017 they bought some mouldings for Ju 88A-5 in 1/48 and released two limited edition boxes - SH48177 Junkers Ju 88C-4 and SH48178 Junkers Ju 88D-2/4.

Newly tooled small injection moulded frames for conversion have been added to each box as well as a lot of resin sets. Of all these extra parts, I think only the resin wheels are available separately.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G Cobra by ICM - AH-1G (early & late) - released - new boxing in October 2021

And a Special Hobby boxing from the ICM kit with resin add ons - ref. SH32082 - Bell AH-1G Cobra "Early Tails over Vietnam" Hi-Tech Kit 1/32 - Hi-Tech Content Renders

Sources:

https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/09/sh32082-ah-1g-cobra-early-tails-over_18.html

https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/09/sh32082-ah-1g-cobra-early-tails-over.html

Cobra-decal-blog.jpg

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

8.png

9.png

18.jpg

21.png

22.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G Cobra by ICM - AH-1G (early & late) - released - new boxing in October 2021 and future Special Hobby reboxing
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

- ref. SH32082 - Bell AH-1G Cobra "Early Tails over Vietnam" Hi-Tech Kit 

This will be the first Special Hobby kit including 3D printed parts.

Source: https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/11/krabicka-pro-chystany-model-sh32082-ah.html

The box of the upcoming SH32082 AH-1G Cobra ‘Early Tails over Nam’ kit is currently being printed and its design is no different from other Hi-Tech range of Special Hobby kits. On its side the box, however, showcases the specific items which no doubt do honour to the Hi-Tech title of this issue. And we are happy to accentuate that this kit is the very first to also incorporate production 3D printed items.

SH32082-krabice-01.jpg

SH32082-krabice-02.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G (early & late) Cobra by ICM - released - Special Hobby boxing
21 minutes ago, IT_Man said:

Hannants RRP for this is just 39p more than the standard ICM kit?! Not my scale normally but half tempted to grab the SH boxing!

Shussssssssh! I was really hoping that Hannants wouldn't pick up on that!

More seriously, I'm expecting Hannants to inflate the price and soon. I don't see any way that price can stay that low with all the "bolt-on" goodies- it has to go up. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any insight on whether SH will be releasing the "late" version of the ICM kit with the external 20mm cannon?

Also, got another option for a cockpit upgrade:

AH-1G Cobra interior 3D decals for Icm kit (reskit-models.com)

K32003_1-280x280.jpg

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G (early & late) Cobra by ICM - released - Special Hobby boxing - new ICM boxing in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G (early & late) Cobra by ICM - released - Special Hobby boxing

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Good to see they're back, and able to keep the business going.

I’m guessing the kits are injected and boxed outside of Ukraine, although that is only a guess.

13 hours ago, Scooby said:

I’m guessing the kits are injected and boxed outside of Ukraine, although that is only a guess.

I did read it's all done in Ukraine, just hope they get back on their feet soon, making money.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G (early & late) Cobra by ICM - released - Special Hobby & Revell boxings
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell AH-1G Cobra (early & late) by ICM - released - Special Hobby & Revell boxings