Tamyia  1/32 Mk-IXC,Pierre Clostermann MJ 586 from 602 Sqd.

Hello , I'm Nicolae ( mykyb) Bercsenyi, I'm living in Bucharest ,Romania.Modeling for a while now but not much a post guy, I'm just watching all those wonderful work you guys are doing here but finally I made my mind  to post   my last build of the year 2020  and what a better kit to do that then with the Tamyia  1/32 Mk-IX.I choose the mount of Pierre Clostermann MJ 586 from 602 Sqd, just because I love the paint work on that bird,.not much to say about the Tamyia kit, everyone knows it, I've used Barracuda cockpit bits, Eduard Brassin wheels,Master 20mm guns and Montex masks , needless to say that every roundels , letters and numbers was painted  and for  the data stenciling I used HGW wet transfer decals ( love them)I did some scratch building in the cockpit and I did the rails for the auxiliary fuel tank.Sadly I find out after I was done with the painting and installing of the undercarriage legs has no torsion link installed and I didn't want to do same damage trying to remove them, so I just let them on for the time being.  Painted with Tamyia paints, weathered with oils and watercolour pencils and with some AK and MiG products. The plane is done but I want to make a nice stand for her and maybe I'll add some figures in the near future. That's been sad, I let you with the photos hoping that you'll like my work on this iconic airplane   which I love the most.Happy modeling and A Happy New Year!!!!!!spacer.png

spacer.png

y4m3Gsrjd7WvM0EK019sixnXmvsIybXGxLoY2BKb

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mykyby
  • Like 45
  • Thanks 1

The close-ups of the detail work look fabulous, but at least a dozen photos seem to be missing, presumably overwiews.

A pity, since the details look so enticing!

Did you use Google for stroing the photos, perhaps? The "spacer.png" links seem to hint at that…

Please republish using some other photo hosting site!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

welcome !

Your modelling is fabulous! The close up shots show some fine work indeed. Thank you. I loved the canvas gun ports 'shot through' touch. Totally authentic and brilliantly executed ! It's what they did.. rearmed and doped over to stop the guns freezing at high altitude. At this scale its a detail that turns a fine model in to an outstanding one! Love your restrained approach to weathering too. !

My uncle, Sgt PC Brown s/n 1800332 RAF  flew a Tempest V sortie with the famous man - Pierre Closterman in March 1945 with 56 Squadron. Nice to see one of his earlier steeds portrayed.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your appreciation. I worked on it almost 8 months and I tried to make it one of my best models. I don't know if I succeeded but definitely is one of my best. I uploded some photos again and I hope this time won't be any problem.

Edited by mykyby
  • Like 4

That`s modelling! Fantastic build!! Have 2 of these ready with Barracuda details. Will be built as 331 sqd and 332 sqd from the North Weald wing, using Vingtor decals.

Please keep up the splendid work!

• Thanks 1

On 06/01/2021 at 00:52, mykyby said:

Thank you all for your appreciation. I worked on it almost 8 months and I tried to make it one of my best models. I don't know if I succeeded but definitely is on of me best. 

Well my friend if that’s not your best the better ones must be completely mind blowing :D

That Spitfire looks just “right” to me 

bravo 👏 

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2021 at 5:46 AM, Andy Dyck said:

Fantastic work. Especially this absolute clean finish without any orange skin on the surfaces. Like that much !

Cheers 

Andy 

I agree with Andy. 🍻  And I noticed that smooth finish as well; very well done and always refreshing to see!  :clap2:

• Thanks 2