Battered and worn Model T ford Diorama

trying to achieve that worn look of a Model T still on the road long after Henry's warranty has run out.spacer.png

the desert track needed a signpost of some sort

spacer.png

I based the signpost on this Britains one from the 1960's.

spacer.png

the sign worked well.

spacer.png

but the Bovin skull proved to be too difficult to get right

spacer.png

but overall, I'm quite pleased at how it turned out.

spacer.png 

just a glass case to top it off and to stop little fingers wanting to play.

spacer.png

• Like 29

23 hours ago, Kitkent said:

It's very nice,and dusty! Did you used to have the Britains cowboys by any chance? Chris

Cheers Chris, I did, can't remember much about them, but the sign stuck in my mind as I didn't understand what a Gulch was, as it turns out, Dead Mans Gulch is a real place in the USA,  a mining area that got attacked by Injuns. Picked up the sign on Ebay, you can get anything on there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's really good that! Your sign finishes things off nicely 🙂 

Thanks for that, I thought that adding the snake, the cowboy hat, the Arrow and the Bovine skull might have "over egged" it in this scale.

Edited by metadyne
spelling

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

This is "just" wonderfull! The whole looks so superb that it is leaving me speechless 

Marco F 

Hey Marco, thanks Mate, comments like that really spur me on to do more.

Edited by metadyne

After building that very same model, I have to ask this, -------------  what is and where are the worn out bits ?

OK, you have dusted it up a tad, BUT, it's still exactly the same as it came out of the box, with all the bit's looking virtually brand new.

Something with the description of "worn out" should at the bare minimum, have at least a flat tyre, or broken windscreen, possibly even some torn upholstery, maybe the radiator has a hole or two ----

Sorry for being critical, but to me it sure does LACK the worn out look, it's a brand new car that just got a bit dusty. 🙂

Psst, worn out cars look like they belong in a scrap yard, not a brand new vehicle that's just been driven over a long dusty road.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 8:59 AM, radish1us said:

After building that very same model, I have to ask this, -------------  what is and where are the worn out bits ?

OK, you have dusted it up a tad, BUT, it's still exactly the same as it came out of the box, with all the bit's looking virtually brand new.

Something with the description of "worn out" should at the bare minimum, have at least a flat tyre, or broken windscreen, possibly even some torn upholstery, maybe the radiator has a hole or two ----

Sorry for being critical, but to me it sure does LACK the worn out look, it's a brand new car that just got a bit dusty. 🙂

Psst, worn out cars look like they belong in a scrap yard, not a brand new vehicle that's just been driven over a long dusty road.

I disagree, a worn out vehicle doesn't have to have the elements you describe, tires can be plugged or replaced, upholstery re stitched, glass replaced, the 2nd Valve clicks a bit, the front offside wheel bearings are a bit noisy, The Radiator did have a leak but the owner has nursed this car along since he bought it new. Your extreme view of worn does not always have to apply.   

6 hours ago, metadyne said:

I disagree, a worn out vehicle doesn't have to have the elements you describe, tires can be plugged or replaced, upholstery re stitched, glass replaced, the 2nd Valve clicks a bit, the front offside wheel bearings are a bit noisy, The Radiator did have a leak but the owner has nursed this car along since he bought it new. Your extreme view of worn does not always have to apply.   

Sorry, I have to disagree with that comment.

Your own description of your model states ----------------------  Battered and worn Model T ford Diorama

So what's the definition of the word ----  "battered"

Screen-Shot-2021-01-09-at-6-45-10-am.png

So where's the "battered " bits, everything is still looking brand new, no dents or rust, only it's got a bit dusty.

Sorry, -------  your description  🙂 🙂 🙂

4 hours ago, radish1us said:

Sorry, I have to disagree with that comment.

Your own description of your model states ----------------------  Battered and worn Model T ford Diorama

So what's the definition of the word ----  "battered"

Screen-Shot-2021-01-09-at-6-45-10-am.png

So where's the "battered " bits, everything is still looking brand new, no dents or rust, only it's got a bit dusty.

Sorry, -------  your description  🙂 🙂 🙂

you just like putting people off don't you angry dictionary using person.

With respect, your own words   ------------------------------  Battered and worn Model T ford Diorama

Possibly rename it as a  "A dusty T model Ford",  would be far more appropriate. 🙂

Psst, better stop digging, the hole you got is deep enough now, might be even better if you just hand the shovel over, eh ?

• Like 1

Do you know, you've convinced me, as the title get's your goat so much I'm seriously thinking about changing it.

And as you like looking up words in the Dictionary so much, rearrange these letters and look them up  .......... Wakner

6 hours ago, metadyne said:

Do you know, you've convinced me, as the title get's your goat so much I'm seriously thinking about changing it.

And as you like looking up words in the Dictionary so much, rearrange these letters and look them up  .......... Wakner

quoted for posterity. i really need to visit this forum more often.

Edited by s.e.charles

For crying out loud. You two are trying your best to get this locked with your insults. It's a model, for goodness sake. Now grow up the pair of you and move on before this gets reported.

John.

• Like 2

A lovely model all i think is missing is Stan and Olie in it ,looks great .Don't let the jobs worth people get at you ,just ignore them i always say if you like your work and you enjoyed building it thats all that matters. I hope you don't change it ,well done 👏 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahh, the initial period after the New Year on Britmodeller. As seems to be traditional; without fail, you get to see the lovely handbags that people obviously got for Christmas being swung around. 

Topic closed and some extra holidays given out, which is a pity because it is a pretty nice build. 

• Like 1

• Greg B locked this topic