Trumpeter 1/72 F-100C Super Sabre

Evening all,

My first of the new year, and with it a change of theme. This is Trumpeter's F-100C Super Sabre, finished OOB with the exception of the decals which came from an Xtradecal sheet. I wasn't brave enough to go with the NMF finishes of the kit options, plus I think the SEA scheme looks great on just about everything, so I played it safe, although the heat staining around the tail presents it's own challenge, and one I'm not convinced I've pulled off as well as I had hoped... Finished using Hataka Orange Line for the camouflage and various shades of Alclad for the exhaust area. I've used Hataka's own matt varnish for the final coat for the first time, very impressed.

50803329933_384784164a_o.jpgTrumpeter 1/72 North American F-100C Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50803329888_c73ea9f2a9_o.jpgTrumpeter 1/72 North American F-100C Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50804189362_3d88798f31_o.jpgTrumpeter 1/72 North American F-100C Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50804077711_3d179134dd_o.jpgTrumpeter 1/72 North American F-100C Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50804077656_6867932e56_o.jpgTrumpeter 1/72 North American F-100C Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as ever

Shaun

• Like 45

Nice one, painting looks superb, the heat marks on the metal part looks nice, on the camo they are difficoult to do. Not sure if I would have done it better. Bit a shame that trumpeter got the intake wrong.

Alex

• Like 1

That looks awesome. I love the Hun and you've done a fine job there. The heat staining effect looks superb, and i don't think there's a right and a wrong way as actual photos show so many variations in the way that they weathered. 👍👍

• Like 2

Beautiful Hun, and I couldn't agree more about the SEA camouflage. I need to get back to my F-100. I don't know how I'm going to tackle that tricky exhaust weathering - I may just do all the paint as being burned off in that area. I think you did a reasonable job representing the paint being partially burned off.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Hello Shaun,

The end result on this small scale is stunning.

Also 👍for the photography.

Regards, Orion

• Like 1

I like your work on the model very much. Especially the shades on the greens and brown of the upper camo surface. 👍
The heat stains on the brown might be a bit “clear” if you understand what I mean, but to be honest I wouldn’t manage half as good as you...😉

• Like 1