Eduard 2021-first newsletter, release plans.

Thomas V.

Here's a roundup of kits mentioned in this and previous Info:

January:
8208 Bf 110G-4 - 1/48 Profipack (re-release with add-on parts)
2133 Fokker Fokker! - 1/72 Dual Combo Limited Edition
84169 Bf 109G-6/AS - 1/48 Weekend Edition
84172 P-51D-5 - 1/48 Weekend Edition
4469 P-47D Razorback - 1/144 (Platz plastic)

February:
82153 Spitfire Mk.IIa - 1/48 Profipack
11147 Kampfstift Dornier Do 17Z - 1/48 Limited Edition (ICM plastic)

7404 Nieuport Ni-17 - 1/72 Weekend Edition

March:
Du doch nicht! Fokker D.VII + Dr.I – 1/72 Limited Edition

April:
Adlerangriff Bf 109E - 1/72 Limited Edition (Special Hobby plastic)

May:

Silver Arrows MiG-21PF/PFM – 1/72 Limited Edition

June:
Desert Babes Tornado Gr.I in the Gulf War – 1/72 Limited Edition (plastic ?)

July:
Tempest Mk.II – 1/48 Profipack
Zurich 1937 Bf 109V14 + Avia B.534 – 1/72 Limited Edition (Bf 109 Special Hobby plastic)

Wilde Sau Episode 2 Bf 109G-14/AS and G-10 – 1/48 Limited Edition

August:
Eagle’s Call Spitfire Mk.V – 1/48 Limited Edition

B-25J Mitchell – 1/72 Limited Edition (Hasegawa plastic)
P-51D Mustang – 1/48 Limited Edition

September-October-November:
Fw 190F-8 – 1/48 Profipack
Biggles & Co Sopwith Camel – 1/48 Limited Edition
Hurricane Mk.I Battle of Britain – 1/72 Limited Edition (Arma Hobby plastic)
Mi-24 Hind – 1/48 Limited Edition (Zvezda plastic)

Zlin Z-126 and Z-226 – 1/48 Limited Edition
Zlin Z-526AFS – 1/48 Profipack
Zlin Z-326/Z-526 – 1/48 Limited Edition

Spitfire Story 3 The Sweeps Spitfire Mk.Va & Vb - 1/48 Limited Edition

December:
Secret item

Sopwith Camel – 1/48 Profipack
Avia S-199 – 1/48 or 1/72 Profipack (which scale comes first is still to be decided)

Tornado IDS - 1/48 Limited Edition (plastic ?)

First half of the year:
Fw 190 A-5 w/ four cannon - 1/48 Profipack
Spitfire Mk.I (early version) - 1/48 Profipack
Mustang Mk.IV - 1/48 Profipack

Second half of the year:
84130 MiG-21bis - 1/48 Weekend Edition
Bf 109Es before Battle of Britain - 1/72 Limited Edition (Special Hobby plastic)
Bf 109E different variants - 1/72 Profipacks (Special Hobby plastic)

Edited by caughtinthemiddle
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Interesting to see they are releasing the SH 109 in different guises. I hope it ends up being a weekend kit as well.

The 109 V14 is an interesting one as well, a Jumo-powered variant, I wasn't aware SH did one.

Good to see the Fokker-built Fokker D-VII is finally there.

The D-VIII 1/72 is also interesting as I'm not aware of Eduard doing one, probably Arma Hobby plastic.

No new toolings though in 1/72 which is disappointing, apart from the S-199, which might be AZ plastic? Probably not though as these companies do not appear to see eye to eye.

Edited by sroubos

A very impressive and professionally put together news letter, especially considering what looks like an awful fire.  Who's going to miss 2020?  Not much in the letter for me, being a 1/72 modeller, although the Nieuport 17 Dual Combo looks nice.  I'd really like to build Fullard's Nieuport but there don't seem to be any RFC decals out there. 

Fortunately as I understand it, the fire was at a storage location rather than their main offices.

Shame to see nothing new scheduled in 144th, although hopefully the Platz reissues will continue, lots of great types in their catalogue.

7 hours ago, jenko said:

Tornado IDS - 1/48 Limited Edition (plastic ?)

Interesting. Revell or ANO???

Dick

As they used the Revell one for Desert Babe, I would think that they would go the same route for this one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

They did a 1/72nd kit in 1995 or so, back when they still used Propagteam decals.

Paul.

Sorry, one 'I' too much - 'Du doch nicht' will include a D.VII. I believe that the 1/72 version will be based on this earlier 1/48 kit: https://www.eduard.com/eduard/du-doch-nicht!!-1-48.html
Theoritically they have an Albatros D.V to include as well, but the profiles included in the December issue of Info show only a D.VII and Dr.I.

About the Emil prototype included in the Zurich boxing, in December issue VS says Bf 109V14 and in January - V13. Perhaps he's undecided yet :)

• Like 1

Hi,

So, what might be the "secret item" due for December or maybe 2022?

I have no connection with Eduard, so anything I write here is just my own speculation.

I think it will be a new mould 1/48 scale fighter.

My guess is the Hawker Hurricane. I believe they've said before that they were going to do it and there is the connection with the Czechoslovak pilots in the RAF.

Or maybe a Mig-15, -17 , -19 or -23? My favorite would be the Mig-19, but since they have recently offered re-boxings of the Trumpeter kit, I don't think so. Same with the Mig-23.

Cheers, Stefan.   

• Like 1

While it definitely not a bad release list, for the first time in about a decade there is no unannounced new tooling, . Tempest II, Camel, S-199 were known for at least

two years, renders being shown online for a while. There is definitely slowdown of new toolings by Eduard.

Why they did not retool Emil is beyond comprehension.

Announced but still not released kits 

P-40/H-75 Family

Me 262 

Mosquito

P-51B/C

Spitfire Mk.Vc/VI and Seafires I-III

Hurricane

MiG-15

Wildcat

Corsair

MiG-21F-13 and UM

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Sad 2

This will be only the second time they have released the 109G-14/AS in a special dual pack, without ever giving us a profipack, so might pay to get in on that.

I might have to save some pennies for a spit Vb boxing.

Wonder what has happened to the Bf109K and Bf109G-12's 1/48th??????

I would have thought they don't need the development time of completely new projects and would be good sellers for them?

I am pleased to see the Fw190F-8 bound to be a good 'money maker' for Eduard.

How about the Fw190S-8   🤪.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, Torbjorn said:

English version is up:

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2021/info-eduard-2021-01en-j9z.pdf

Would have liked to see a new biplane tooling in 1/72, but I’ll probably fall for the Udet combo, and a Fokker Fokker pack is already in the hands of the Royal Mail.

My Fokker Fokker order arrived today. The contents look absolutely gorgeous, and the engines are works of art.

I'm sorely tempted to order again before stocks run out!

On 1/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, Thomas V. said:

While it definitely not a bad release list, for the first time in about a decade there is no unannounced new tooling, . Tempest II, Camel, S-199 were known for at least

two years, renders being shown online for a while. There is definitely slowdown of new toolings by Eduard.

Why they did not retool Emil is beyond comprehension.

Announced but still not released kits 

P-40/H-75 Family

Me 262 

Mosquito

P-51B/C

Spitfire Mk.Vc/VI and Seafires I-III

Hurricane

MiG-15

Wildcat

Corsair

MiG-21F-13 and UM

The P-40, MiG-15, MiG-21F-13/ UM, maybe the P-51B/C too are what interested me the most.
But the above planned releases for this year. Nah. Zzzzz

Avia S-199: Will it really turn up in 2021? I don't guess so, as this release originally was planned for 2019. But from an economical standpoint (which Eduard as a company has to take) any well known version of a Spitfire, Mustang, Me 109 or FW 190 makes much more sense than the more esoteric versions of the Me 109 like the Avia S-199 (or the CS-199, the Buchon, the Tripala...). But my taste has taught me patience😁!

I'm sure I'm not imagining things but  did they not say last year they were releasing a range of F4 Wildcats. or is old age getting to grips with me???

Dick

Age is defiantly a concern :S 

1 hour ago, jenko said:

did they not say last year they were releasing a range of F4 Wildcats. or is old age getting to grips with me

There was some chatter about a 1/48 Wildcat but nothing of substance, no actual annoucement by Eduard.

In 1/72, if they had any plans they probably de-prioritised that idea in favour of something that made more commercial sense once Arma beat them to it.

It's possible they may be aware that Arma plans to do the Wildcat in 1/48 as well, as they have with their Hurricane, and if that is the case then again, Eduard would probably be wise to do something else with less starte-of-the-art competition.

But all that pre-supposes that they had an intention of doing Wildcasts, which is not substantiated by any actual evidence I'm aware of.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Thanks 1