C-130 Hercules RAF

55 minutes ago, keithjs said:

but, did you notice your serial number on the stb side has transposed letters...

dads-army.jpg

Oh poop! 😳

Hello HL,

Excellent job on the whole plane. As mentioned above:

The pilots look great in de cockpit.

It reminds me many-many years ago, looking through the model shop window at the large Airfix box. And yes, also for me, financially out of reach. 

So, your model will some of us do remind when we were born. Very happy with your contribution to this medium.

Regards, Orion

• Like 1

I was stationed at RAF Thorney Island in West Sussex as an 18 Yr old working on the flight line when these things were shiny and new. They actually looked their best under the flight line flood lights.

Years later, I was posted to Lyneham on my last RAF tour. Exactly the same aircraft, just 20 years older. My word they were just so scruffy.  That awful came that we were lumbered with, but also, every foreign kite that came in was pristine while ours, including 298 looked a disgrace to my eyes. Of course one didn't say anything as the (relatively unused) washpan was about a 100 yards away from B line.....the only reply would have been to get myself a towing/wash team and choose my aircraft.....

The Airfix kit was a huge disappointment when it came out, and I have an Italieri kit in my stash which requires a scratch built interior, so might look at yours.

Very nice model, remember them well.

• Like 1

A very neat build there sir. It does remind me of the very old Airfix kit back in the day when they seemed to bring out something exciting every month. I agree it’s the most cracking paint scheme for the 130 Herc. A very nice model and thanks for showing

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the comments and compliments, they are greatly appreciated!

I too remember fondly the fantastic box art of the Airfix kit and it is my main inspiration for building this kit.

So glad I have been able to bring back so many memories 😁

Thanks guys.