C-130 Hercules RAF

That looks terrific. The pilots add quite a bit to the overall look of the plane, and the sunglasses are a very nice touch!

The colour scheme reminds me very much of the Airfix kit that I could never afford back in the day.

Tony.

• Like 2

Lovely model!  I also remember the old Airfix kit from way back, which I could never afford either.  The box art was fantastic!!   I do like to research aircraft serial numbers (I know, I need to get out more often), and it would appear that old XV298 was still serving up until 1999 when it was written off following an accident (ASN Aircraft accident Lockheed Hercules C.1 (C-130K) XV298 Kukes (aviation-safety.net)).  I can't get the link to appear here but you can find a short resume of the occurrence on Google, just type in the aircraft type and serial. 

Edited by Rocky
additional info
  • Like 1

I am building this kit as I speak, it is a great kit as you say with loads of detail, the issues I have found on my 2 kits I have is the top wing warpage on the sprue. I did have to do a bit of blending in on the engines and also the side bits on the fuselage and underneath of the undercarriage pods, but that is all part of the modelling process, hopefully I will be doing the same scheme as you, but the 26 decals I believe are waiting to be restocked

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IanC said:

But where is the Landrover and Bloodhound missile? 

Did that for the Italeri one I built! 😁

Herc17.jpg

Thanks everyone, glad you like her! 

• Like 13

Excellent piece of work, yes it reminds me of the airfix one,i could never afford it in early 1970s but a school friend who was going to live in Australia gave me his stash of kits and that is how i got mine .I still have it to this day ,but enough reminiscing congratulations on your fine model .

• Like 2

Beautiful, stunning Herc! The interior is amazing, is that scratch built or does the kit come with that detail? 

How does it compare to the Italeri one, would it be worth selling that and trying to get a Zvezda kit or is the Italeri Herc still decent enough for the (below) average modeller like myself? 

Love those ‘crud & custard’ camo colours; only ever seen them in photos like that though, so when I make a Herc I’ll probably do the usual green & grey.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

How does it compare to the Italeri

The Italeri kit was ok for its time, but Zvezda have knocked it for six!!!!

It is an absolute gem of a kit, and I did not experience any issues with the assembly.

Again, thank you all very much for all your comments :)

• Like 2

A superb Herky Bird in my favourite scheme, happy memories of my 1970 Airfix one.

I was lucky enough to see one in these colours as it came low over us  at the Iken River picnic site on its approach to USAF Bentwaters in 1970.

regards, adey

• Like 1

Very nicely done Angelo and it is a very striking scheme!

Must get back into my kit,...... the new Herk is a real beauty!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1