Crusty old Badger 250 - worth salvaging?

AlexB

Hi all,

I've been given an old Badger 250 which I've briefly checked over and found that the main airway seems to be clogged up.

The air valve button isn't free either. I don't yet have a compressor, but this kit comes with a tyre adaptor, so I connected it to a tyre inflated to 40psi to check air flow... nothing doing!

This isn't the route paint takes, so what's the likely thing that's gummed it up? And what's the best way of sorting it?

50803002921_ac016dc789_b.jpg

thanks in advance

Alex

Fair comment!!

It was handed to my by an older guy I know because I'd mentioned airbrush to him!

I also paint, as in chucking paint on flat blank surfaces; paper, board, canvas...

Might be worth it for practice??

If you are interested in getting into airbrushing then I’d just buy a cheap setup mate, the thing you have is very crude and literally throws paint at a surface with little or no control at all. If you get proper airbrush and at least master the thinning ratios and use that will give you a good quality finish and not put you off using an airbrush. 

• Like 1

I must agree, 

Bin it.

I just binned mine last week. The trigger was jammed solid. I removed most of the metal bits and binned the rest

You can buy a chinese clone of this for as little as about a fiver, thats for a full set with jars and a hose too

• Like 1

Thanks all!!

I ordered a cheap "clone" which coincidentally arrived late today.

Silverline branded "Air Brush Hobby Kit". I've used their tools before which have always been reasonable value, so when this showed up on eBay for a tenner delivered I figured I'd see what it's like.

Seriously tempted to just plunge into mid range stuff like BartSharp...