1:8th scale Centauria / Panini UK Ferrari F40 Competizione

Hi Everyone,

Not really posted here much before, Ive taken on a part work of the utterly beautiful Ferrari F40 Competizione, Ive been following this model for about 12 months and decided to take the plunge, I plan on adding lots of extras and have already bought some resin brake discs, callipers and hubs from a guy in Italy. These are much nicer than the ones that come with the kit which are by no means bad at all.

Heres a few pictures to get us started.

F40-Caliper.jpg

F40-discx.jpg

F40-front-Wheel.jpg

IMG-20210102-211906.jpg

IMG-20210102-212722.jpg

IMG-20210102-220552.jpg

IMG-20210102-220600.jpg

Edited by Wynthorpethethird
  • Like 1

• Wynthorpethethird changed the title to 1:8th scale Centauria / Panini UK Ferrari F40 Competizione

Nice to see someone build this here on BM. I took a long look at this kit, but decided it's not for me. It's a very detailed kit, but a lot of the parts are simplified (because it's a snap / screw kit) or just plain wrong. I'm sure it can be  modified into a very impressive model, but that will require a lot of work (for me at least).

I think I'm gonna order a couple of parts from Centauria to build my Pocher F-40's, like the seats, rear window, etc.

Don(t know how far you want to go with this build, but removing some seams here and there, glueing/puttying/sanding and painting will improve the kit a lot.

Best of luck with this project.

Sincerely

Pascal

On 06/01/2021 at 06:29, Pascal said:

Nice to see someone build this here on BM. I took a long look at this kit, but decided it's not for me. It's a very detailed kit, but a lot of the parts are simplified (because it's a snap / screw kit) or just plain wrong. I'm sure it can be  modified into a very impressive model, but that will require a lot of work (for me at least).

I think I'm gonna order a couple of parts from Centauria to build my Pocher F-40's, like the seats, rear window, etc.

Don(t know how far you want to go with this build, but removing some seams here and there, glueing/puttying/sanding and painting will improve the kit a lot.

Sincerely

Pascal

It's my first model since I was young and really want to give it some love and attention, I want to give it a more "used" look though, I've also ordered the lovely Brembo resin brakes with the authentic hubs etc, so can leave the model in its air jack's with the wheels off. 

I'll be adding things like battery and cut off switch up in the front. 

I have other bits to post up later on this eve like a seat and the front bumper and splitter. 

23 hours ago, Dinky said:

Nice project, looking forward to the updates!

Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 19:32, Wynthorpethethird said:

It's my first model since I was young and really want to give it some love and attention, I want to give it a more "used" look though, I've also ordered the lovely Brembo resin brakes with the authentic hubs etc, so can leave the model in its air jack's with the wheels off. 

I'll be adding things like battery and cut off switch up in the front. 

I have other bits to post up later on this eve like a seat and the front bumper and splitter. 

Thank you. 

On 06/01/2021 at 06:29, Pascal said:

Sincerely

Pascal

I want to go a route of a more "used" look on this model, can anyone recommend how I'd add more grime etc to the gearbox and engine? 

1 hour ago, Wynthorpethethird said:

I want to go a route of a more "used" look on this model, can anyone recommend how I'd add more grime etc to the gearbox and engine? 

Go through my pinned thread atop this page. Start at beginning. It shows how I did this and more:

159-pasted-Graphic.png

• Like 2

Done some more work on this build that past few days, ive not secured anything as its going to come apart and have a lot of part filled and repainted (awaiting my first airbrush), but im generally happy, heres a few images.

SA8bRYgEzL8g5fTY3xnJT4cXXobObWo6Yoiegygv

The coil packs below need some paint as they arent all black on the real car.

wcuV1H5SDxQUZ9WubwDaYjeuPPSB0rbARqrFxClJ

As you can see below the tube between the intercooler and the throttle body looks very "plastic" so i want to change to a more scale / true looking item.

ZnTjLw0sBPjwh6djXBoAimd1wFfvSbpE9paNRRWw

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Matt Crane said:

An epic car in proper scale. I’d like to have one, hopefully complete kit will be published.

It really is, i wish they released in a kit rather than partwork, but at least its giving me chance to get some "extras" together.

Battery, front pneumatic jack & emergency cut off.

Z_Mmi9NOOHWNkIT9td-k23L38lOZVGQZFEkiUX2u

Would anyone know where to source some carbon fibre that has a pattern to scale, need it for the air boxes. 

I'm also waiting for the next 8 issues, which should be here soon, in the meantime I've bought some Tremonia photo etched pieces, the main ones being the intercoolers as the plastic just don't cut it for me, so I'll make those when they arrive and add some extras like the seam welds. 

14 hours ago, Wynthorpethethird said:

Would anyone know where to source some carbon fibre that has a pattern to scale, need it for the air boxes. 

I'm also waiting for the next 8 issues, which should be here soon, in the meantime I've bought some Tremonia photo etched pieces, the main ones being the intercoolers as the plastic just don't cut it for me, so I'll make those when they arrive and add some extras like the seam welds. 

Hiroboy have a selection of carbon fibre HERE

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 12:29 AM, Pascal said:

Sincerely

Pascal

Can you just buy seats and other individual items from the kit? If so, how?

There's 2 ways that I use to get individual item of patchwork kits. You can order separate issues, or you can buy individual items from sites like Ebay.

I bought quite a few parts on Ebay from the Panini 1/10 scale Ferrari Enzo. They will be used to detail my Enzo from MJX/RC that I bought years ago.

Sincerely

Pascal