1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell) - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell)- release Q1 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell)- sprues+decals+schemes - release Q1 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell) - released

Agreed that's a good price, the downside is of course the original kit needs a lot more than £50 spent on it to bring it up to something approaching current standards  , (New accurate pit, intakes, wheel bays and a new nose )

• Like 2

The Tamiya Phantoms are not perfect by any means, but I suspect that most people who buy the Revell Phantom will not be aware or care of it short comings and will build it as it comes out of the box and enjoy it. That list of corrections has been around for sometime and is nothing new and some of it really picky. As a matter of interest I have several of both makes as well as the old 1/32 Revell Phantom made in to late 60's which some people back then made into reasonable example which is what modelling is all about? There are several on ebay at the moment and are priced at more than some of the Tamiya ones.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell) - released - new boxing Q2 2021
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Guess it'll include the hard wing parts from the old Revell Germany RF-4C/E boxing for the Vietnam era and Japanese decal options

I believe this kit was developed long after the old RF-4C kit and is significantly improved.

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I believe this kit was developed long after the old RF-4C kit and is significantly improved.

I guess that would depend on which tooling you meant by old RF-4C kit.  If you are referring to the 1969 tooling then yes it is a significantly improved kit.  If you are referring to the RF-4E kit first released by Revell Germany in 1994 then no it's not significantly improved since the Revell RF-4E/C and F-4E/F/G all use the same rear fuselage and center wing sections as well as most of the little parts. Revell/Monogram and Revell Germany just swapped out nose, wing tips, stabilizers, weapons, seats and cockpit parts to get the particular version they wanted to release.

23 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Guess it'll include the hard wing parts from the old Revell Germany RF-4C/E boxing for the Vietnam era and Japanese decal options

I don't see why not. 

Edited by Brocky
updatge

On 2/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, colin ritchie said:

John  I agree to a certain extent , BUT....

Revell F-4 Tweak list

That's a LOT wrong , and having built 9 Tamiya F-4s over the years the issues with the Revell are just glaring to me  - but each to his own!

Colin, you are not kidding...that is A LIST...but yep maybe TLAR is something that works for most of us. I stick to the Tamiya one though...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - McDD F4-E Phantom II by Academy (plastic Revell) - released