Academy 2021 catalogue - newsletters 1, 2,3 & 4

Homebee

29 minutes ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Have Academy ever reboxed Revell before? They have kitted both the successor aircraft so hope springs eternal.

Not that I remember. At the same time several Revell kits were tooled by Korean companies, maybe they struck some deal ? Of course I'd be much happier to see a brand new tool, Academy is one of those companies that IMHO offer a very good quality at a good prices

I'd be willing to bet the 1/32 F-4E is a new tool. Academy has a chance to gain the 1/32 F-4 high ground and I think they'll go for it. Now, whether they'd do a series is another matter altogether.

Edited by SAT69
misspell

28 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I'd be willing to bet the 1/32 F-4E is a new tool. Academy has a chance to gain the 1/32 F-4 high ground and I think they'll go for it. Now, whether they'd do a series is another matter altogether.

.....or simply a wrong scale call out. Academy has the design for a 48th F-4E, the designer himself told me some time ago.

28 minutes ago, ABeck said:

.....or simply a wrong scale call out. Academy has the design for a 48th F-4E, the designer himself told me some time ago.

Don't think it is, the box indicates a price of 75,000 Won that is twice what the other 1/48 Phantoms cost on their website. It's a price more in line with the 1/32 kits, although it would be at the lower end of these.. the F-16s sell for 70,000 while the Hornets are listed at 120,000. I'd have expected a Phantom to have a price more in line with the F-18 than the F-16s.

• Like 1

If it is a 1/48th Phantom, then seems quite an odd choice, considering how saturated that part of the market is.... Hasegawa, Zoeki Mura, Revell, Airfix, Academy themselves. (earlier F-4 models), etc. 

I'd be very happy for a really good 1/32 F-4E, but it will be £100+, with the Academy name on the box. 

Chris. 

Academy's 1/48 Phantom is perhaps the best kit of Phantom in the market in terms of details and contents in the box. I believe their 1/32 Phantom will be new tool. But surprisingly, the versions of Phantoms they have covered in 1/48, it looked natural their next kit will be F-4E in that scale. However, the F-4E is going to be 1/32. Thats strange! 

4 hours ago, ABeck said:

The price is listed as 75000 Won which converts to about $69. That seems more appropriate for a 1/48th scale kit too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

The price is listed as 75000 Won which converts to about $69. That seems more appropriate for a 1/48th scale kit too.

Not in Korea though: their most expensive 1/48 kits retail for 40,000, the F-4E would be almost twice as much

Regarding Academy reboxing any Revell kit, tinking about it I have to correct my previous comment... yes, they very recently reboxed the Revell 1/48 F-86D

• Thanks 1

Usually even Korean name as Academy makes great publicity about a 100% new tool ... the fact no indication of new tools and so on in this advertise make me thinking nothing is really new, simply rebox. 

Edited by gioca
wrong english language use

• Homebee changed the title to Academy 2021 catalogue - newsletter 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The Academy catalogue 2021 is online and downloadable here:

https://academypm.cafe24.com/09_site/2021_academy_catalog.pdf

"New Tooling" - or so they claim - in the aircraft range:

- ref. 12129-25000 - Boeing AH-64A Apache "ANG" - link

- ref. 12569-24000 - Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II - VMFA-121 "Green Knights" - link

- ref. 12622 - Boeing B-52H Stratofortress - link

- ref. 12236 - Grumman F3F-2 "Flying Barrel" - link

- ref. 12341 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk - link

210219090152146277.png

210219090306886089.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...