Heston Napier Type 5 Racer

Happy New Year guys.

Here is my recently completed racer, a Heston Napier Type 5 using the Airframe vacuform kit in 1/72, build can be found here:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The vacuform was of so-so quality and was quite thin in places so care had to be taken with any corrections that needed doing. The cockpit was scratch built, as was the undercarriage with wheels and propeller blades coming from the spares box. The build was very much a trial by combat with a couple of drops occurring during the whole process. When everything was made good, the Heston was painted with Alclad paints, a first for me. The supplied decals were Arctic Decals and were fantastic looking but having never dealt with this type of decal before, mistakes were made.

Not my best by a long way and now lives in the display case albeit at the back.

Stuart

• Like 31

A really nice model of another type whose career was cut short by the war. I became aware of the type when I was a teenager and my old cousin gave me an aircraft recognition book that was my fathers during WW2. Yours looks really good, tempted by the Dujin resin release. 

• Like 1

@Terry1954 , cheers Terry, the Alclad worked well and will use again, loads of shiny aircraft to build. Attention will now turn to my AFV's that are queued up at the paint shop. After that, it's a 'maritime' year.

@Mr T, thanks. Having built a Dujin kit this year, it can't be worse than the vacuform I've just done.

@RMCS @swralph, cheers guys, much appreciated.

Stuart

• Like 2