IBG Models 1/72 Chevrolet C15A

Hi guys, I'm working through some of my IBG 1/72 trucks, they're pretty quick builds and usually turn into something nice to look at. I quite like the quirky shape of this one. It's one of their older moulds, their more recent releases are somewhat better engineered but still this was a very nice build. It took me 2 days in total, while working on another one, so it was a side build really. 

The markings are for Carlton and York Regiment, 1st Canadian Infantry Division in Sicily, 1943. I've built it as a vehicle just a couple of days off the beaches, just dirty and not worn out. I can imagine they were well maintained and painted before the invasion so there's no heavy wear and tear yet. Which is also just an excuse for only some quick and light weathering 😉 

Paint is all Vallejo, weathering is all Tamiya powders. 

20210104173424-ba0e1f29-me.jpg

20210104173427-fe0b70d1-me.jpg

20210104173428-c2d7453e-me.jpg

20210104173429-3f9c948d-me.jpg

20210104173430-dc4e29ab-me.jpg

20210104173431-707652e1-me.jpg

20210104173429-80a93abb-me.jpg

Just a fun quick build, thanks for looking in!

• Like 30

That is really nice Jeroen. I do like the look of these IBG 1/72 vehicles & have started to think about picking a few up, seeing this has sold me on them, New Zealand forces operated a lot of these kind of vehicle.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is really nice Jeroen. I do like the look of these IBG 1/72 vehicles & have started to think about picking a few up, seeing this has sold me on them, New Zealand forces operated a lot of these kind of vehicle.

Steve

Thanks Steve, they are really nice indeed. I'm currently building another Diamond T and I have some of the German trucks as well. And a whole lot more on the wish list!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I think you should try 1/35 next Jeroen there's plenty of choice and you would do a cracking job 🙂👍. Great work btw 👏 👍 

Thanks Andy. I did finish some 1/35 trucks recently. For now, I have a couple of smaller kits to finish before the house move, but as it happens my first build in our new place will be a 1/35 for Anything But Injection GB. So, you have your wish 🙂 ... It will be a civilian build however. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Thanks Andy. I did finish some 1/35 trucks recently. For now, I have a couple of smaller kits to finish before the house move, but as it happens my first build in our new place will be a 1/35 for Anything But Injection GB. So, you have your wish 🙂 ... It will be a civilian build however. 

Good enough for me...look forward to seeing it 🙂👍

Interesting vehicle indeed, Citroen used to make cars with rear windows at such an angle. Great model and excellent painting and weathering. I tried my hand at 1/72 but it's a whole different game.👍

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ernst said:

Interesting vehicle indeed, Citroen used to make cars with rear windows at such an angle. Great model and excellent painting and weathering. I tried my hand at 1/72 but it's a whole different game.👍

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks Ernst, I've seen those Citroëns you mean, the Ami 6. Looked weird but hey it's a Citroën so chances are it looks different 🙂  

1/72 is quite small indeed but these IBG kits are well engineered so that helps a lot. And some big ol' Optivisors help as well 🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Thanks Ernst, I've seen those Citroëns you mean, the Ami 6. Looked weird but hey it's a Citroën so chances are it looks different 🙂  

1/72 is quite small indeed but these IBG kits are well engineered so that helps a lot. And some big ol' Optivisors help as well 🙂 

There's a Citroen sm parked just a block away in very good condition, it's not on google maps but this quirky thing is https://goo.gl/maps/ggXxS77SKejjWLoR9  .

It's also just a block away. I wonder what's the rationale behind these kind of designs in military and civilian use.

IBG has a highly original and diverse catalogue, I like their otter.

I recently rediscovered the second lens in my optivisors :rage:, if only I knew before.

• Like 1

Another super 1/72 build, and I agree with you comments about the quirkyness of the C15 type trucks' shape.  I look forward to seeing your Diamond T, the Blitzenbuild model whetted our appetite nicely.

Afternote:  I have just seen the Diamond T post - another excellent build.

• Thanks 1