Tamiya 1/35 Flakpanzer Gepard

So I've completed my fourth armour build and although an old classic kit from Tamiya i thourghly enjoyed myself with this one. A kit i was given as a gift for Xmas i probably wouldn't have purchased this by choice, however for what it is i think it's great value for money 🙂. Thanks again to everyone who followed the wip and here's some pic's of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking...now it's time to start work on the next one 😉👍

• Like 36

Despite of the old moulds , your Gepard looks amazing. But ist not state of the art anymore, since Meng and Takom have released their high quality kits, i have built both, the Tamiya one and the Takom one, and the Takom one is an evolution. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Despite of the old moulds , your Gepard looks amazing. But ist not state of the art anymore, since Meng and Takom have released their high quality kits, i have built both, the Tamiya one and the Takom one, and the Takom one is an evolution. 

Thanks for the comment much appreciated, and I agree that this kit is outdated now but I enjoyed it nevertheless and maybe in the future I'll tackle the newer kits of this subject 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Very nicely finished, And !! ;)

Now Git Yo Tigger Crackin' !!

It's off to Russian Armour for me now mate but I'm thinking of working on the Tiger at the same time 🙂👍

• Like 2

Said it before but you've done a grand job on the Gepard Andy, really like the weathering.

Must say there's something to be said for just building a simple kit and enjoying the simplicity of it without faffing around with pe, resin and whatever else...

Atb

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Said it before but you've done a grand job on the Gepard Andy, really like the weathering.

Must say there's something to be said for just building a simple kit and enjoying the simplicity of it without faffing around with pe, resin and whatever else...

Atb

Thanks Darryl and I agree mate...this was a simple build a simple paint job and I thoroughly enjoyed myself 🙂👍

Looks good Andy! I know nothing of these things so couldn't tell if it's a simple kit or not, however the end result is very nice to look at. And of course finished in double quick time as per usual 🙂 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Looks good Andy! I know nothing of these things so couldn't tell if it's a simple kit or not, however the end result is very nice to look at. And of course finished in double quick time as per usual 🙂 

Thanks Jeroen hope you and the family are safe and well, this was a simple build and therefore a quick build but most of my stash won't be as quickly built but this build was very enjoyable indeed 🙂👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another stunner Andy, really tremendous paint and weathering - and it maybe an old kit, but in the right hands it makes up into a cracking model - as you show here! 

Top job!! :thumbsup:

Keith

Ditto

Regards

celt

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another stunner Andy, really tremendous paint and weathering - and it maybe an old kit, but in the right hands it makes up into a cracking model - as you show here! 

Top job!! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith much appreciated as always 👍 

You've really got a handle on this armour game Andy. That might be an old kit, but being Tamiya, it's probably still good, and you've done a great job on it. The matt, dusty finish really looked the business.

John.

• Like 1

Very nicely done Andy. I really like the way you have painted and weathered this one and the way you have photographed it shows that off perfectly.

Straight forward builds are great to get the mojo back again. I did a similar thing with Tamiya's old Churchill which I now use as a bit of a test bed for weathering techniques.

Wayne

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You've really got a handle on this armour game Andy. That might be an old kit, but being Tamiya, it's probably still good, and you've done a great job on it. The matt, dusty finish really looked the business.

John.

Thanks John, I'm happy with the results and would quite happily purchase Tamiya classic kits in the future 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Very nicely done Andy. I really like the way you have painted and weathered this one and the way you have photographed it shows that off perfectly.

Straight forward builds are great to get the mojo back again. I did a similar thing with Tamiya's old Churchill which I now use as a bit of a test bed for weathering techniques.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne and I agree these straight forward OOB builds are great for a mojo boost.....certainly worked for me 🙂👍

36 minutes ago, Homer said:

Excellent piece of work, looks great .Looking forward to seeing the next masterpiece, well done 👏 

Thanks for the comment much appreciated though not quite a masterpiece I'm happy with the results 😀👍

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

That is a really nice looking Gepard!  Cracking paintjob and weathering.  I much prefer the earlier Bundeswehr Gelbolive to the current tricolour camouflage.

That's an interesting point my friend because when I started the kit I intended to go for the tricolour scheme. However im glad I chose the scheme above as everyone seems to paint there kits tricolour and there's nothing wrong with being different is there 🙂👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Really nice clean build Andy, the finishing is really excellent....

Ed

Thanks Ed I appreciate your comment 👍