Tamiya F-14A Tomcat 1/48 VF-84 Jolly Rogers "Fear the Bones"

There have been a few Tamiya F14’s shown on BM recently, all superb, your model takes that to the next level, l agree it’s an easy build but your finish and attention to detail is stunning, good job!

• Like 1

Wow! Now that is very special indeed. One of the best Tomcat models I've seen. The paintwork is flawless. And I agree with you.... Gunze Aqueous is excellent 👍

• Like 1

Wonderful Tomcat, Jos, one to be really proud of.

I'm just about to build Tamiya's other F-14A - the venerable 1/32 version - in the same scheme as yours.

I always have trouble with the flat coat with my models, after first glossing and decaling. Your finish is flawless.....can I ask what product you used for your top flat coat please?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

There have been a few Tamiya F14’s shown on BM recently, all superb, your model takes that to the next level, l agree it’s an easy build but your finish and attention to detail is stunning, good job!

I second that!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Stunning build and superbly finished Tomcat. I love it.

7 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

6 hours ago, Filbert_Wang said:

Absolutely stunning work!

6 hours ago, fox1_BE said:

What a beauty Jos - excellent paint job 👍👍

5 hours ago, swralph said:

Excellent build and weathering.😀

5 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Wow! Now that is very special indeed. One of the best Tomcat models I've seen. The paintwork is flawless. And I agree with you.... Gunze Aqueous is excellent 👍

2 hours ago, t15dja said:

Wonderful Tomcat, Jos, one to be really proud of.

I'm just about to build Tamiya's other F-14A - the venerable 1/32 version - in the same scheme as yours.

I always have trouble with the flat coat with my models, after first glossing and decaling. Your finish is flawless.....can I ask what product you used for your top flat coat please?

29 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I second that!

Many thanks guys for your overwhelming kind and supporting words...👍!

@t15dja I use a 50/50 mix from HATAKA; XP07 Matt Laquer Clear Coat and XP08 Satin Laquer Clear Coat...IMHO a real spot-on matt coat, and super strong!

• Like 1

An excellent piece of art! My congratulations! Looks really perfect!

Cheers

Andy 

• Like 1

Good lord, that is really quite special. The radial weathering around the swing wings is something else. You could swap out the grey background with a photographic one and I bet no-one would be able to tell it wasn't a real aircraft. Great job.

• Like 1

Amazing work once again Jos! Indeed the best F-14 out there! Clean and crisp build. “Rete strak” as we  say in Dutch!

Superb mate. 

erik 

• Like 1

Lovely work Jos! The finish is spot on. Can't wait to see what you have planned next!

Edited by theaa2000
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

That's some beautiful scale modeling Jos!   Great work on a modern classic! :clap2: 

I redeemed a few Amazon gift cards that I had been hoarding and ordered this very kit; oh, to reach the standard you've set here!   :guitar:

• Like 1

That looks really beautiful. I'm surprised how big the Phoenix missiles are. I mean, I shouldn't be, I know they are big, heavy missiles, but I'd never really had a visual clue until I saw the perspective in your first photo.

I believe that the Tomcat could carry 6 of them, but couldn't land with 6 because it would be over the weight limit, so they never carried more than four because it beat dropping a couple of expensive, unused missiles in the ocean each mission. Not sure if that's actually true or just 80s style urban legend.

• Like 1