Anigrand TU22 Blinder

rafalbert

As I have put the Mirage back on the shelf of doom to prevent me binning it, this resin masterpiece will take it's place. My missus bought me it for Christmas a few years ago and I started it but was scared off by the NMF and the different shades that are seen on the real aircraft. I have decided to keep it simple and paint the metal areas in one shade with the white areas obviously white! The resin casting is excellent with sublime detail, no doubt to be ruined by my cack-handedness!

IMG_20210103_174003

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bootneck said:

How would you get that into your workshed?  Or out of it once built?? :shrug:

You're the 1:144 guy, so you tell me! :tease: Anyway, we're messing up this young fellow's thread, so :offtopic:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having been evicted form my workspace/office by my missus who is working ridiculous hours from home (teacher), I am struggling to find time to get any modelling done. I have built the general airframe and used liberal amounts of filler, but have managed to lose the canopy. It has not been out of the office but I cannot find it anywhere. I have written to Anigrand to try to buy another but they have failed to respond so far. I will build it up as far as I can without the canopy but obviously not be able to complete it without that rather vital part.

IMG_20210124_143135

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry to hear about the missing canopy. Daft question but are you sure you had one and it wasn't already missing  ?

Or, could you a dipped it in Klear and put it somewhere to dry ?

Fingers crossed it turns up soon.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really sorry to hear about the missing canopy. Daft question but are you sure you had one and it wasn't already missing  ?

Or, could you a dipped it in Klear and put it somewhere to dry ?

Fingers crossed it turns up soon.

Cheers Pat 

Annoyingly I had been checking the fit and put it on a shelf for a couple of days. I remember thinking "I need to move that or it will get lost" but have no idea if I did or where I moved it to. Ironic to say the least!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, miracles do happen! I was cleaning behind a bookcase just outside our office/my workspace when I discovered this:

IMG_20210305_160548

I have no idea as to how it got there but I can crack on with the old girl now!