A Trio Of Late Panthers.

Even more Panthers for your viewing from the brilliant Group Build. Very glad to join in with it and have learned a great deal, getting some top tips and having a bit of a laugh and chat. A big thanks to the fellow group builders.👍

Two brilliant kits. The great Meng Panther D, which gives you enough options to make nearly all the variants. And the equally great Das Werk Panther Late A with the DW/Atak zimmerit.

A Panther A Late 31.Pz.Rgt, 5.Pz.Div and a Pz.Bef.Wg Ausf D Late Stab1/Pz-Regt4 

p?i=65a77b20436eb99c5f8712caab31974e

p?i=077636183c495cbcedc3225df49e9fde

p?i=595b7580d394de852f9aee40f6408853

p?i=1d9020e358a70cc1d5e68b8334356755

p?i=f925aae60c9fd922a41f9efe14202ad2

p?i=562738c231990b1f8e0742fd434d2e63

p?i=1332aef74db1b559427e0dcc66bb8a11

Thanks for looking and all the best for the upcoming year.

Edited by Stef N.
Added photo.
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 2

A lovely pair of Panthers Stef...very impressive builds.  Looking on as you built the Das Werk kit with Atak zim I was tempted to buy them but sanity prevailed, with 5 Panther G's on the bench and another 5 in the stash,  just say no! :unsure:

• Haha 2

Panthers are an addictive habit Bob. That's 3 panthers on the trot for me (well 2 and a half) but I have had to prise myself away and do something else. Although it does have Atak zim.

Edited by Stef N.
Better word
  • Like 2

Great pair of Panthers Stef, both have come out really well. 

Just for the fun of it particularly like the ausf A, the zimm and paintwork has come out a real treat. 

Have to agree, the GB was great fun, pity after the Pzr 111 that's it GB wise for 2021.

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 3

That's what I love about armour...the massive choice of subjects available and tbh i change my mind on a daily basis as to what's next....however I suddenly have the urge to build a few well battered Russian tanks...so can anyone recommend a decent T34 kit 🤔....sorry for hijacking your thread Stef 🙄👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

That's what I love about armour...the massive choice of subjects available and tbh i change my mind on a daily basis as to what's next....however I suddenly have the urge to build a few well battered Russian tanks...so can anyone recommend a decent T34 kit 🤔....sorry for hijacking your thread Stef 🙄👍

No worries.👍 The new Miniart T34/85 looks a bit of a good 'un. Won't be a quick build though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

No worries.👍 The new Miniart T34/85 looks a bit of a good 'un. Won't be a quick build though.

Just checked out that kit Stef and a little bit to detailed for my liking however I'd definitely build a similar version without all the interior parts 🙂👍

• Like 1

Hi Stef. Absolutely superb pair of Panthers there. Fantastic builds and the painting and weathering is the icing on both cakes! Very well done.  :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Never built one but the new RFM T34 is supposed to be good, might just be a 85mm one, still wartime though.

Dragon supposed to be ok and I believe the new Zvezda for a budget kit is said to be good.

Best check up on Scalemates and read the reviews first.

Btw, haven't you bought enough recently young man!

I know of the slippery slope you're going for.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Never built one but the new RFM T34 is supposed to be good, might just be a 85mm one, still wartime though.

Dragon supposed to be ok and I believe the new Zvezda for a budget kit is said to be good.

Best check up on Scalemates and read the reviews first.

Btw, haven't you bought enough recently young man!

I know of the slippery slope you're going for.....

Can't help it mate.....I'm addicted 🙄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Have to agree, the GB was great fun, pity after the Pzr 111 that's it GB wise for 2021.

We could always have a follow up super thread, after the Panzer III GB a Panzer IV super thread, anything on a Panzer IV chassis, I have a couple of Wirbelwinds and an Ostwind just itching to be built plus another dozen Panzer IV tanks, from Ausf.C to J. (see what happens Andy when you get carried away on evil-bay) :shocked:

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Just checked out that kit Stef and a little bit to detailed for my liking however I'd definitely build a similar version without all the interior parts 🙂👍

A problem with a lot of the earlier T-34 kits is the big meshed engine cover, Tamiya, Zvezda and early Dragon kits just moulded it as a solid piece which looks rubbish, later Dragon kits provided a p/e mesh to be inserted but they made it too large and with the wrong mesh pattern in most of their kits, I cut out the solid mesh and replaced it with some from Aber:

IMG_1338

A bit of old school scraping and cutting but it was the only way to get a decent finish.  As you can see it's a big feature of the T-34 and having a solid cover looks ... pants

IMG_1339

No such problem with the newer Miniart kit but it's parts count is...very high but it should look good, I have got one for a winter finish project.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

We could always have a follow up super thread, after the Panzer III GB a Panzer IV super thread, anything on a Panzer IV chassis, I have a couple of Wirbelwinds and an Ostwind just itching to be built plus another dozen Panzer IV tanks, from Ausf.C to J. (see what happens Andy when you get carried away on evil-bay) :shocked:

Do like the sound of Wirbelwind and Ostwind....

I've the trumpy Panzer IV ausf J waiting for attention...its is 1/16 though...

Got a hankering for an Elephant or a a Jagdpanzer....

Choices, choices....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

A problem with a lot of the earlier T-34 kits is the big meshed engine cover, Tamiya, Zvezda and early Dragon kits just moulded it as a solid piece which looks rubbish, later Dragon kits provided a p/e mesh to be inserted but they made it too large and with the wrong mesh pattern in most of their kits, I cut out the solid mesh and replaced it with some from Aber:

IMG_1338

A bit of old school scraping and cutting but it was the only way to get a decent finish.  As you can see it's a big feature of the T-34 and having a solid cover looks ... pants

IMG_1339

No such problem with the newer Miniart kit but it's parts count is...very high but it should look good, I have got one for a winter finish project.

Very interesting Bob I'm stuck atm between the Miniart kit and the RFM kit though I don't know what cover comes with the RFM kit 🤔. It's whether or not I'd get bored with the Miniart kit but if I can't decide I'll do as I always do...yep I'll buy both 🙄👍

• Like 1

Just now, Andy J said:

Very interesting Bob I'm stuck atm between the Miniart kit and the RFM kit though I don't know what cover comes with the RFM kit 🤔. It's whether or not I'd get bored with the Miniart kit but if I can't decide I'll do as I always do...yep I'll buy both 🙄👍

If miniart do it without the interior might be an option....?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Absolutely perfect but I don't think they do 🤔

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Do like the sound of Wirbelwind and Ostwind....

I've the trumpy Panzer IV ausf J waiting for attention...its is 1/16 though...

Choices, choices....

Exactly what I said earlier Darryl......it's having all these choices that does it for me...and the Elephant is a great call....as is the Foghorn that Tamiya do 🙂

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Sorry old boy but Foghorn....🤔

Ooops....I meant Nashorn....oh dear another choc chip moment...don't tell Lee for gods sake I'll never hear the last of it 🤫👍

• Haha 3

If you don't have an Elephant in the stash, Amusing Hobby are bringing out a 1/35 Ferdinand and Elephant according to the Rumourmonger. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

All depends on what variant of T-34 you want, at the moment Miniart only make T-34's with the later turrets that had 85mm guns, not sure what RFM will be making.  If you want an earlier variant with the 76mm gun then at the moment you have the other makes with their problems with the engine mesh. :hmmm:

Err my MiniArt T-34/85 doesn't have any interior,  but I do have an AFV T-34 with full interior, it comes with a clear upper hull and turret , the interior bits will be tossed and the clear parts painted. :winkgrin:  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

If you don't have an Elephant in the stash, Amusing Hobby are bringing out a 1/35 Ferdinand and Elephant according to the Rumourmonger. :thumbsup:

All depends on what variant of T-34 you want, at the moment Miniart only make T-34's with the later turrets that had 85mm guns, not sure what RFM will be making.  If you want an earlier variant with the 76mm gun then at the moment you have the other makes with their problems with the engine mesh. :hmmm:

Err my MiniArt T-34/85 doesn't have any interior,  but I do have an AFV T-34 with full interior, it comes with a clear upper hull and turret , the interior bits will be tossed and the clear parts painted. :winkgrin:  

Ok I know nothing about Russian armour so with that in mind I'm going to buy this one and so be it 

spacer.png

As you say Darryl I can chuck away what I don't want and just build the shell....see that's why I'm known as....The Sensible One 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Exactly what I said earlier Darryl......it's having all these choices that does it for me...and the Elephant is a great call....as is the Foghorn that Tamiya do 🙂

I have the Dragon Ferdinand and Elephant kits in their Premium range, they later bought out the Elephant with the zimmerit moulded on, not sure how good that is as I have the earlier kit and the Atak zimmerit set.  The Tamiya kit doen't have zimm, but you can buy their stick on zimm decal stuff.  Not sure if the Amusing Hobby kit will have zimm, their release blurb shows it has the easy access rear hatch, I've never seen a photo with this feature, but my Dragon kit came with these parts but there is nothing in the instructions (usual Dragon) on what parts to use or what markings they carried.

Of course Ferdinands never had zimmerit, so that's an easier option.

• Like 2