My 2020 efforts

nick

Hi everyone, here's my builds for 2020, they should all click-through to build logs/galleries :-

49452895896_63cdc75dc6_h.jpg

49894612441_2106fa413f_h.jpg

50344963206_f9ff011c97_h.jpg

49999349866_18b42fb57c_h.jpg

49973446732_c7153ef587_h.jpg

50225078131_0a8ae7c9cd_h.jpg

Regards,

Nick

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Amazing work. That motorbike, in particular. What scale is it? Looks 1:1!

Thanks Tony.

if you click any of the above images it will take you to the build logs. It’s a 1/9th scale MFH Brough Superior. 

regards,

Nick

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nick

Was wondering where you went after the F40 masterpiece.   Love the models you turn out especially that Brough.   Your photography adds a lot to each as they look like the real thing in the sparse background.

FYI ... as boredom sets in during the shutdown I've decided to have another go at Fusion 360.   Signed up for the free month at Lynda's (Linked-in) site yesterday so we'll see how it goes.

Frank

On 2/1/2021 at 4:43 PM, albergman said:

Hi Nick

Was wondering where you went after the F40 masterpiece.   Love the models you turn out especially that Brough.   Your photography adds a lot to each as they look like the real thing in the sparse background.

FYI ... as boredom sets in during the shutdown I've decided to have another go at Fusion 360.   Signed up for the free month at Lynda's (Linked-in) site yesterday so we'll see how it goes.

Frank

Hi Frank, great to hear you’re giving fusion another go, unfortunately work has reared it’s ugly head lately, so modelling has gone out of the window, here’s my latest film:-

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/peel-ports_time-lapse-video-of-cantilever-rail-mounted-activity-6763429524114817024-7onx

I guess it beats working for a living, but keeps me from the workbench nevertheless 👍😎

regards,

Nick

17 hours ago, nick said:

Hi Frank, great to hear you’re giving fusion another go, unfortunately work has reared it’s ugly head lately, so modelling has gone out of the window, here’s my latest film:-

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/peel-ports_time-lapse-video-of-cantilever-rail-mounted-activity-6763429524114817024-7onx

Watched your video ... impressive.   Pity it all had to be done at night as it must have made for tricky flying at times.   Since I signed up with Linked I came across a video put out by a chap who uses it professionally where he talked about all the stuff being removed from the hobbyist version which had me wondering if it will be of any use now?    Judging from the reaction in the comments people were  abandoning it in droves and heading for an alternative ... Sketchup etc.   I don't know whether to persevere with this now or switch as well.   I guess I'll figure it out someday.

2 hours ago, albergman said:

Watched your video ... impressive.   Pity it all had to be done at night as it must have made for tricky flying at times.   Since I signed up with Linked I came across a video put out by a chap who uses it professionally where he talked about all the stuff being removed from the hobbyist version which had me wondering if it will be of any use now?    Judging from the reaction in the comments people were  abandoning it in droves and heading for an alternative ... Sketchup etc.   I don't know whether to persevere with this now or switch as well.   I guess I'll figure it out someday.

No it’s still fine. I use sketchup as well and they are chalk and cheese, sketchup is useful for general drawing and some tasks, but there is no way I could have produced my F40 model in it. 

Regards

Nick

• 3 weeks later...