Hawker Tempest of Wing Commander Evan "Rosie" Mackie, Wing Co of 122 Wing RAF at the end of WW2.

Excellent build and lovely final result, Steve. Very much worth taking the extra time to finish. Interesting link with Heller too. I like the shape of the Typhoon and Tempest too but still to build either in this 'rennaissance' modelling period I'm going through. I'll be doing one a bit sooner than planned after reading through your WIP thread. All the best. Mike.

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

Very, very Nice :)

I missed this one by you (both WIP and RFI) ^_^

Thanks for sharing your build and model with us.

I have a Tempest/Typhoon to do (one day....) in 486  (NZ) Sqn markings

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

Tempest looks really good Steve and is a nice tribute.  Can't see much of the intake in the photos but it it was a good fix.  The last Tempest I built was a Heller boxing about 30 years ago. Now where does my wife keep her brushes!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Nice job Steve. I did the Smer boxing recently in 56 Sqn markings for the 'Journeys End' GB last year, lovely, quick build and looks the part.

:goodjob:

Davey

Thanks Davey, I remember yours as a nicely done build. This one started in that same GB but as usual I was running late & then had the paint misadventures so got it flipped into a WiP. It nearly ended up in the latest KUTA GB :( I guess we must thank your build too for "influencing" Airfix for their recent announcement. :) 

Steve.

• Haha 1

Time that I thanked everyone who has responding to this RFI thread for the lovely comments & reactions to it. I'm happy to think that Andy would have liked it too & have to say I'm really chuffed that Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle has dedicated the Aus & NZ GB to Andy, I think he'd have enjoyed it very much, it is a reflection of the enthusiasm he had for our part of the world that he was 2nd after Dennis to sign up for it.

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Steve,

You seem to build each an every plane I like. So, you made me a pleasure again with a great build of one of my favourites.

Maybe you'll be interested to know that Airfix has begun work on a new tool Tempest kit: Aeroscale - Airfix Tempest

Me, I should decidedly take one of my Eduard's (1/48 new tooling) kits out of the stash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...