MiniArt 1/35 Triebflügel -what if- French SNCAT MCT-01 Athos

Lovely finish! I’m a fan of rub ‘n buff too, but it rarely comes out as good as yours - a bit of handling and it starts to rub ‘n off!

I usually seal it with Klear (diluted with water and a fair bit of washing up liquid to break the tension and allow it to cover properly). This does dull the metal effect a little, but at least it stops rubbing off.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, gentlemen ! I am happy to see you appreciate my build. 😊😉

On 1/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Model Mate said:

Lovely finish! I’m a fan of rub ‘n buff too, but it rarely comes out as good as yours - a bit of handling and it starts to rub ‘n off!

I usually seal it with Klear (diluted with water and a fair bit of washing up liquid to break the tension and allow it to cover properly). This does dull the metal effect a little, but at least it stops rubbing off.

Thank you Model Mate!

I have to try Klear over Rub'n Buff on my kit test. The dull effect would be interesting for other metal finish like aircrafts who are few years old.

Have a nice day

Lolo

Great idea and fantastic execution!! That metallic effect is so impressive it looks like the kit is actually made from metal parts :yikes:. It looks like the real thing in the photos, well done!

Miguel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1