MiniArt 1/35 Triebflügel -what if- French SNCAT MCT-01 Athos

Hi guys!

Happy new year to you all!

This build is a what if of a french VTOL (Vertical Take-off and Landing) aircraft based on the Tiebflügel 1/35 scale kit from MiniArt. (story in french below 😉 )

After WWII, various allied countries took over a number of German projects. France, with the SNCAT (National Company of Construction of airplanes Thionvilloise😄 ) has taken over and developed the renowned Triebflügel MCT-01 Athos (Triple Centrifugal Modulator) powered by three Fensch 57-02b steerable ramjets studied by Professor Von Boubou (great engine manufacturer of the 1930s, German defector). The aircraft is shown shortly before its first flight in September 1947. The stability being too uncertain, the project was abandoned after 18 flights without accident, however. The French state preferred to continue testing with the more standard propulsion aircrafts from Marcel Dassault.
Back to the model, the assembly is very good, the engraving is beautiful. This model was the opportunity to test the Rub'n Buff for the aluminum of the surface. It is one of the best possible effects, but it remains very fragile once placed on the model.

I hope you enjoyed this alternative story!

Lolo

In french:

Cette maquette représente un des projets allemand de la 2nde Guerre Mondiale mais, qui n'a jamais dépassé la planche à dessin. MiniArt a donc sorti cette maquette au 1/35 du Focke-Wulf Triebflügel, un avion à décollage vertical.
J'ai eu l'idée d'en représenter un what if français. L'histoire aurait été la suivante:
Après guerre, différents pays alliées ont récupéré nombre de projets allemands. La France, avec la SNCAT (Société Nationale de Construction d'avions Thionvilloise 😄 ) a repris et développé le Triebflügel renommé MCT-01 Athos (Modulateur Centrifuge Triple) propulsé par trois statoréacteurs orientables Fensch 57-02b étudiés par le professeur Von Boubou (grand motoriste des années 30, transfuge allemand). L'appareil est représenté peu avant son premier vol en septembre 1947. La stabilité étant trop aléatoire, le projet a été abandonné au bout de 18 vols sans accident, tout de même. L'état français a préféré poursuivre les essais avec les appareils à propulsion plus standard de Marcel Dassault.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

Very very nice.

The NMF effect is extremely convincing

Well done!

:like:

SD

Thank you, Safety Dad!😉

Lolo

4 hours ago, swralph said:

Lovely build Lolo.😀

Thank you, swralph!

Lolo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Hi Loloskymaster,

Wow, the NMF is really something! Just brilliant! What's your secret? What's rub'n'buff? :)

Best, 

Nikola

Hello Nikola,

Thank you! There is no secret just the Rub'n Buff paste applied with a brush for the first tests and buff with a soft cloth.

After that, I have apllied the paste (very very few!) with a finger and buffed few hours later when it is dried with my finger. With the finger, the result is smoother and shiner.

just take a little paste on your fingertip and remove the excess on a towel

Just have a look to this video (not of mine)

https://youtu.be/RJx4gG8dmGU

Lolo

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Wow what a wonderful bird

I didnt know that Rub'n Buff is still exist, i had it in the 80ies.

Hello Harry,

Thank you!

Yes, Rub'n Buff is still alive!😄 Not so easy to find but it is a very good product.

Lolo

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, loloskymaster said:

Hello Nikola,

Thank you! There is no secret just the Rub'n Buff paste applied with a brush for the first tests and buff with a soft cloth.

After that, I have apllied the paste (very very few!) with a finger and buffed few hours later when it is dried with my finger. With the finger, the result is smoother and shiner.

just take a little paste on your fingertip and remove the excess on a towel

Just have a look to this video (not of mine)

https://youtu.be/RJx4gG8dmGU

Lolo

Thank you very much! Appreciated. I'll definitely check it out. 

Best, 

Nikola

• Thanks 1