RCAF Ventura Target Tug, Ford Flivver and Vampire now Finished.

41 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Chris,

That certainly is a cute little thing! Is it really a 3-cylinder engine?

It looks like a nicely detailed kit.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, yes it is a cutieand yes tgat really is a three cylinder engine, the kit builds up really nicely too.  Got the tailwheel and framework in place, decals  rigging and final details hopefully as I hope to get to the bench later this afternoon,  hopefully!!!

12 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Bravo on the Fliverring Chris!

Thanks Tony, I am really enjoying this one.

Chris

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AliGauld said:

Yes it does.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  really chuffed with this one so far.   I would love a kit of the Ford 15p now although,  that might have to be a potential future scratch build project when my skills improve suitably. 

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

Further work on this.  Some of the vast amount of decals added, the Ford scripts  the upper wing number and also on the rudder, just got underwing decals to go now.

spacer.png

The Tail wheel is now in place, this required a brass rudder pivot rid extension to allow it to mount and then the two braces tgat go almost half way up the rudder  were from. 33mm brass rod.   The wheel pivots with the rudderand will rig this when decals glossed and set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

Added tge final bits wheels, rigging for tailplane, rudder cables, fuel filler cap, windscreen and mount , spark plugs and leads. So assembly is almost finished just need to give a wash to the moving parts joints and add the aileron actuators 

spacer.png

Very pleased with this

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

Added tge final bits wheels, rigging for tailplane, rudder cables, fuel filler cap, windscreen and mount , spark plugs and leads. So assembly is almost finished just need to give a wash to the moving parts joints and add the aileron actuators 

spacer.png

Very pleased with this

Thanks for looking 

Chris

Now THAT'S cool!

• Thanks 1

Lovely job. Ive just started my Flivver over in the unarmed GB. 

The engines a three cylinder Anzani and at one stage it was swapped out for a two cylinder. I’d reckon all around cost as it was intended to be the model T of the air.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RichieW said:

I'm not surprised you are pleased with it Chris. It's a very eye catching scheme on a beautiful little aircraft. 

Thank Richie, is is a very enjoyable kit and does make for a lovely looking little model.

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Chris - a very unusual distraction!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, yes a very unusual distraction indeed,  now I just need a Ford 15p  which is really unusual,  but think that might be a scratchbuild job.

4 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Now THAT'S cool!

Thanks Anthony,  it looks a great little machine

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Just caught up with the Ventura. What a gorgeous result! The weathering looks subtle and realistic too.

And I guess the Flivver was an early try out for the Ecoboost engine :)

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, the Ventura is very striking and the fit of the kit was great.  I thought that they would be looked after machines so kept the weathering quite light.

The Flivver is a lovely model , ha ha like it the Ecoboost engine, that's great and a good point.

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Lovely job. Ive just started my Flivver over in the unarmed GB. 

The engines a three cylinder Anzani and at one stage it was swapped out for a two cylinder. I’d reckon all around cost as it was intended to be the model T of the air.

Thsnks Mark. Yes I had heard that too about the Model T of the air, wasn't aware of the 2 cylinder engine swap though,  that's interesting as I have another one in the deep deep stash although it's missing it's horizontal tailplane so might have a look at that option another time.  

You will certainly enjoy the kit Mark,  Williams Brothers made some lovely kits and should be congratulated on their unusual kits. Got a few Williams Brothers kits.

Thanks everyone 

Chris

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Roger, yes a very unusual distraction indeed,  now I just need a Ford 15p  which is really unusual,  but think that might be a scratchbuild job.

Yes Chris! Have a go, so far I have found scratch building difficult but easier than I thought. With your skills and eye for detail you won't have much bother. I'm still marvelling at that amazing Hudson you built!

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Yes Chris! Have a go, so far I have found scratch building difficult but easier than I thought. With your skills and eye for detail you won't have much bother. I'm still marvelling at that amazing Hudson you built!

Richie

Thanks Richie, very kind of you.  I think I will.  I do have a scratch build project that I do want to do and it's a biggie but that is for the future,  I will have to look at this because I keep putting it off worried I won't be able to do it.  

Chris

• Like 2

• bigbadbadge changed the title to RCAF Ventura Target Tug and Ford Flivver now Finished, one more to go.

Lovely finish Chris - that wash has really popped it!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Really beautiful, what a great job!

Thanks Richie, it is a really cracking kit

11 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Chris - that wash has really popped it!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger , it is a great scheme and am pleased with the way it's turned out.   The wash was kept very light  as it would have been very well cared for.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Beautiful finish on the Flivver, Chris! Such an unusual prototype. Great work!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, yes a very unusual machine. I was lucky to find it on Ebay very cheap along with another unusual model to which I am saving for the high wing GB. They are great kits.

Chris

• Like 1