RCAF Ventura Target Tug, Ford Flivver and Vampire now Finished.

5 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Just catching up on all of these builds Chris.  Superb all the way around.  That target tug is excellent as is the Flivver.  Is that the William's Kit?

Thanks John, very kind of you fella.   Both very  nice kits, yes the Flivver is the excellent Williams Brothers kit. A fun build.

Chris

Last distraction build completed will post RFI when I get time to take some photos I present a cute FB.5,  just noticed need to do the wingtip lNav lights

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also uncovered this the other day so been pottering on this too.  Will do alongside all my FAA builds which I have been working on.  This is the Maquette  HP Dart Herald, needs a lot of fettling but hoping to get the white on in the next week or two. This is the freight version.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 4

• bigbadbadge changed the title to RCAF Ventura Target Tug, Ford Flivver and Vampire now Finished.

Beautifully executed Vampire Chris, one of my all time favorite aircraft.  Really looking forward to the release of Infinity Models 1/32 one.  Love your finish (again), absolutely beautiful!  That Dart Herald looks awesome, cant wait to see how that one comes up with your skills applied to her.  Going to be a cracker

Keep up the great work buddy

Anthony

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Beautifully executed Vampire Chris, one of my all time favorite aircraft.  Really looking forward to the release of Infinity Models 1/32 one.  Love your finish (again), absolutely beautiful!  That Dart Herald looks awesome, cant wait to see how that one comes up with your skills applied to her.  Going to be a cracker

Keep up the great work buddy

Anthony

Thanks Anthony, a 32nd scale Vampire will be lovely,  I saw the images on Google the other day as I was trawling ebay and saw a Tigger models vacform one and wondered what they were like.  Got a Heller one to see if I can convert to a Sea Vampire.   

I can't believe the Herald prices on  Ebay too.  Glad I got one years ago.  I am gradually fettling the herald into shape.  

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow. Thanks for mentioning the Ventura target tug. This was a spectacular build. Amazing engines! And the yellow and black scheme looks fantastic after that superb weathering job toned it down and tied it together. Nice work inside as well fixing the bulkhead and scratching the radio op station.

My Revell Ventura will likely be the usual cammo but I hope to do a TT Fairey Battle in the future and hope I can get a similar quality and tone to yours in the yellow black scheme.

Did you have any info on the winch setup at all? That's something I'll need to dig into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marvinneko said:

Wow. Thanks for mentioning the Ventura target tug. This was a spectacular build. Amazing engines! And the yellow and black scheme looks fantastic after that superb weathering job toned it down and tied it together. Nice work inside as well fixing the bulkhead and scratching the radio op station.

My Revell Ventura will likely be the usual cammo but I hope to do a TT Fairey Battle in the future and hope I can get a similar quality and tone to yours in the yellow black scheme.

Did you have any info on the winch setup at all? That's something I'll need to dig into.

Thanks Marvinneko

Very kind indeed, a really enjoyable build, you will really enjoy it after all your hard work on the Hurricane. 

The winch set up was tricky and I didn't find any info on it, however I did find a picture of the window for the TT bird and don't forget the bubble/teardrop window on the port side, for hhe winch operator.  I will try and find it and if I still have will send over on a PM, I was asked not to publish the images at the time so couldn't post on here.

Thanks very much

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1