RCAF Ventura Target Tug, Ford Flivver and Vampire now Finished.

Hi Chris,

just caught up with this (right at the very end!), and its absolutely superb! And just the right degree of weathering to look used but not abused. Wow! Just Wow!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really stunning !!

Awesome painting and weathering !!

Congrats Man !! :worthy:

I really enjoyed the trip !!

That will arouse our alienship !!

@Martian, have a look at this beauty !!

@Terry1954 will be interested too !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Chris,

just caught up with this (right at the very end!), and its absolutely superb! And just the right degree of weathering to look used but not abused. Wow! Just Wow!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, very kind of you.  I imagine they would have been looked after quite well and was trying to portray a clean but used machine. 

57 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Really stunning !!

Awesome painting and weathering !!

Congrats Man !! :worthy:

I really enjoyed the trip !!

That will arouse our alienship !!

@Martian, have a look at this beauty !!

@Terry1954 will be interested too !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC that is kind of you fella.

Chris

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Beard said:

The Ventura is looking rather splendid and - to misquote Lt. General R. Corman - if you've brush-painted that much yellow, you'll never have to prove your courage in any other way.

Thanks Simon, very kind fella,  ha ha I like that, fantastic.  Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Absolutely beautiful, looking forward to seeing the RFI pictures. Amazing paint skills, that cannot have been easy to achieve! 

Thanks Richie, that is most kind.  I had actually forgot about doing the RFI since taking all the photos this morning during a break from my screen.  I have only recently got my modelling mancave and prior to this, I was at a temp bench in the lounge and then our bedroom so have never been in a position to use an airbrush. I love brushpainting too it is kind of soothing too. I thin the enamel paint slightly and use a wide and flat brush.  

Thanks for your kind comments. 

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Yup, it just kept getting better.

A right belter.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind fella.  I am very pleased with it.  I am also pleased I have Space on the work bench which now has various 48th scale Anson bits on it and a the cockpit resin parts of a Firefly too, scratchbuilt Flycatcher cockpit structure and a Ford Flivver.

Going to be busy.

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Late to this one Chris she sure is a looker outstanding work very well done :clap2:

thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn for your kind comments,  I must be a Masochist as I have started another all over Yellow Anson !!!

Chris

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mark.au said:

A couple days at a conference and I miss the end!  Looks fantastic Chris, congratulations on such a great result on the Ventura.  Bravo!

Thanks Mark I am very pleased with the results and it is such an impressive looking aircraft anyway,  the scheme really suits it.

I have started the Anson now and will start a thread when I have some good progress with some other FAA builds on there too.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to RCAF Ventura Target Tug now Finished I am finishing the distractions.

What a beautiful little aircraft! The build is going so well too. You build and paint to such a high standard. Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Richie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

This is the lovely little Williams Brothers 48th scale Ford Flivver. 

I'm guessing that even in 1.48 scale, this beauty is quite small - certainly compared to the PV1. Like a 1930s microlight. 

Williams Bros kits are a real pleasure to work with, aren't they? You've got some gems in that pile of kits, Chris 😍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

What a beautiful little aircraft! The build is going so well too. You build and paint to such a high standard. Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Richie

Thanks Richie, very kind fella, I do love these little unusual subjects and a small 3 cylinder plane is unusual!!!

36 minutes ago, chrisbob12 said:

Just found this thread: the Ventura is gorgeous!

Why thank you Chrisbob, it was a lovely kitvto build.

26 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

I'm guessing that even in 1.48 scale, this beauty is quite small - certainly compared to the PV1. Like a 1930s microlight. 

Williams Bros kits are a real pleasure to work with, aren't they? You've got some gems in that pile of kits, Chris 😍

Thanks Rob , it certainly is a dinky little thing but yes a very enjoyable build.  I do like Williams Brothers kits and have a few in the stash , I am saving one for the high wing GB and the others are 32nd scale racers. You can pick them up at very reasonable prices apart from the C46 as they are going for a lot on Ebay now.

Thanks all

Chris

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

You can pick them up at very reasonable prices apart from the C46 as they are going for a lot on Ebay now.

Pleased to say I got my (next) one at a decent price.

S&M had some done from the Williams tooling and marketing them with some civil markings, and a Japanese patrol version with some additional pieces. 

• Like 1

Chris,

Well this is an education - never heard of the Flivver! Off down an internet rabbit hole we go - looking good!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Pleased to say I got my (next) one at a decent price.

S&M had some done from the Williams tooling and marketing them with some civil markings, and a Japanese patrol version with some additional pieces. 

I forgot about S&M kitting it too, , I am gonna be in trouble again , I must not head to Ebay and look!!!

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Well this is an education - never heard of the Flivver! Off down an internet rabbit hole we go - looking good!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, it is a little cutie and looks fairly unusual.   It's  definitely worthwhile modelling and The Williams Brothers kit is great.  I have since added the pushrods to the back of each cylinder as I cut off the plastic ones in favour of brass rod and the tailplane is now on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

This is the lovely little Williams Brothers 48th scale Ford Flivver. 

I actually think I have one of those in my stash, didn’t think it was as cute, I must dust it offas my second entry to the unarmed GB.

Btw the Ventura looks wonderful, that is a very difficult scheme to pull off that well.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1