RCAF Ventura Target Tug, Ford Flivver and Vampire now Finished.

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

My word Chris, that PV-1 is looking stunning!  Love the scheme and your brush skills are second to none, in fact really hard to tell (if not impossible) from the photo's

Well done sir!

Thanks Anthony , very kind fella.  The scheme is very interesting and took a lot of coats, there are some brush marks but they are very shallow and for the amount of coats  I will take that. 

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

That is looking fantastic. The weathering has brought it to life.

That wouldn't be George Stephenson's Rocket I see lurking about would it.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair kind of you too.  The weathering is starting to bring it to life.  Yes that is the Rocket behind .  I will one day get it done, I was going to motorised it however, I am using the motor and gear box on an even smaller oo gauge Shefflex railcar.

Thanks both

Chris

• Like 3

WOW Chris,.... I`ve finally caught up with this one and it is a gem,...... it looks superb in its Oxydol scheme,....... really,.... really,.... impressive pal!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tonyot said:

WOW Chris,.... I`ve finally caught up with this one and it is a gem,...... it looks superb in its Oxydol scheme,....... really,.... really,.... impressive pal!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, very kind and thank you for your assistance too, much appreciated.  I am pleased with the model . Currently the combination marker aerial is going on with the fuel tank pylons and hopefully wheels today then can turn it over and add the last few bits.

Chris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

She's on her wheels,  another milestone in this build, for me anyway.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quickboost props are built too

Thanks for looking 

Chris 

Looking lovely Chris - almost there now!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Looking lovely Chris - almost there now!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, only a handful of parts to add now, will be finished this week.  FAA  subjects and the Hudson will follow. 

Appreciate your support. 

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Fantastic work Chris, that’s such a lovely model of an unusual subject.  You’re really doing it proud.

Thanks Mark, very kind fella, it certainly is unusual, I love the scheme,  I have a 32nd scale Lysander in the stash and think I am going to foo this as a yellow TT one day.

Chris

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Gets better looking every time I see her.

Cracking work.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind fella,  nearly there now too.  I  am itching to start tge Anson and a load of other FAA subjects and the Hudson too. I am going to have a few on the go at once.

Chris

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul J said:

That is looking really nice!

Thanks Paul.

Further work very nearly finished now

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Got to shorten the main aerial mast, rig the aerials and a whip aerial add the ring aerial add the blister window for the Target winch operator and finish props.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Just when you think it can't get any better it does.

Beautiful.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind, I managed a bit on my lunch break today and now just the props to decal and the aerial wires, exhaust stains and I am calling it done.  Hopefully tonight or tomorrow,  fingers crossed. 

Chris

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Wow, Chris this is stunning! What a great paint job. Lots of lovely details to admire too. Very impressive!!!!

Thanks Richie,  I did do a small amount of scratch work on the inside before I realised none of it can be seen,  fortunately the paint work makes up for it.  Hopefully may finish tonight as I told SWMBO I had to take care of a job in the mancave and finished painting and glosee the prop blades ready for decals which I will do later.  Don't tell her though!!!

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to 1/48 Lockheed Twins RCAF Ventura Target Tug now Finished

I am calling this one done now , props, aerial wires, streamlined blister added and some exhaust staining.  I will post some RFI  images when I get better light.  Better wear shades !!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks to those who have supported me and @tonyot and @Ed Russellfor thefor help ful info and photos especially the interior details, on this epic essay in yellow.

Thanks for looking. 

Chris

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

well Chris, these completion pics have coincided with me looking on BM on a laptop screen for the first time instead of a phone screen.

WOW....looks fantastic when seen BIG🤩⚠️😎

Looking forward to this Hudson project too

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

well Chris, these completion pics have coincided with me looking on BM on a laptop screen for the first time instead of a phone screen.

WOW....looks fantastic when seen BIG🤩⚠️😎

Looking forward to this Hudson project too

Thanks Rob , it is quite a large model and takes up a lot of my bench.   Hudson will start soon but must make a start on my FAA Anson as I have been want6to do that for ages too.  

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Chris - you can be very proud of that!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger and thanks for your support along the way.

I am very pleased with the way it turned out. 

Thanks both

Chris

• Like 2

You`ve done an amazing job Chris,.... it looks fantastic,...... and you are a brave man brushing so much yellow onto a large 1/48th scale twin! Definitely one to be proud of there mate!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

You`ve done an amazing job Chris,.... it looks fantastic,...... and you are a brave man brushing so much yellow onto a large 1/48th scale twin! Definitely one to be proud of there mate!

Thanks Tony , very kind fella.  Thank you for your help too, much appreciated.   I have now got the Yellow  Anson to do next along with several other FAA subjects too.

1 hour ago, Ed Russell said:

I have followed this and it's great to see it finished. A really nice job!

Thanks Ed and thanks you too for your help as well again it is certainly appreciated. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1