Airfix 1/72 Tomahawk IIb starter kit.

Happy new year to you all! 

Here is my finished tomahawk. Oob build, only added the decals on the props and made the seat straps from tape. 

Painted the underside with Mr hobby azure blue and the top side in Xtracrylic dark earth and vallejo mid stone, all the rest in tamiya. 

I wasn't going for accuracy on this one hence the red nose. Fun build no problems, its a good little starter kit. 

20201108_153148

20210102_234549

20210102_234145

20210102_234753

20210102_234643

20210102_234331

20210102_234821

20210102_235013

20210102_235135

Thanks for looking.

Dave. 

Edited by davebruce
  • Like 45
  • Thanks 2

I just love it! 😍 The red spinner is accurate. I am still wondering why the spinners of both the 112 Squadrons Mustang and the Tomahawk on the new Airfix boxes are black instead of red. The only viable explanation to me is that they didn´t want to include small can of red in their starter set. I think I also read that assumption in a thread here a while ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 112 Squadron said:

. . . I am still wondering why the spinners of both the 112 Squadrons Mustang and the Tomahawk on the new Airfix boxes are black instead of red. The only viable explanation to me is that they didn´t want to include small can of red in their starter set. I think I also read that assumption in a thread here a while ago.

correct

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

I just love it! 😍 The red spinner is accurate. I am still wondering why the spinners of both the 112 Squadrons Mustang and the Tomahawk on the new Airfix boxes are black instead of red. The only viable explanation to me is that they didn´t want to include small can of red in their starter set. I think I also read that assumption in a thread here a while ago.

16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

correct

Well that was a stroke of luck then. Thanks guys for the comments, my missus and daughter are still not interested in my finished kits so have to force them on you lot! Haha. 

• Like 1

Nice model! Spot on colours, nice weathering. Airfix panel lines are not pronounced too much so looks great! Just wondering - what did Airfix compromised to allow for open canopy (leading to noticeable step aft of the sliding part)? Is canopy too high or spine is lower than needed?

17 hours ago, davebruce said:

Thanks @Andy Evans. The stand is from https://www.bulldogmodels.co.uk/, if you use micro set/sol then they also have a stand for those which is great as I've pretty much emptied a bottle by knocking it over countless times before purchasing one. 

Dave. 

Thanks Dave, I'll take a look.

• Like 1