Trumpeter replacement parts - canopy disaster!

Good evening everyone, 

Does anyone have any recent experience of getting hold of spare parts from Trumpeter? I have had a 1/24 Hurricane in the stash for ages (as in getting on for 10 years) and I was thinking of finally starting it...but when I opened the box, there is no sign of the canopy sprue. I have no idea whether it was present when I got the kit and I have since lost it, or it was missing at the time of purchase and I didn't notice. Either way, I need to get hold of a replacement...any tips or experience would be welcome. I've never needed to contact a model company before! I'm not even sure this is the right place for this thread but I couldn't see anywhere obvious. 

I have no experience with obtaining spare parts but on their website they list

[email protected]

So perhaps sending them a friendly email explaining the situation would be a start.

That being said, lost or damaged parts are always a good opportunity to try some scratch building, it can be immense fun and satisfying.

The hurricanes canopy is relatively simple with no compound curves so you might find some plans and clear plastic, and give it a go, you might end up with something more in scale and detailed the the kit part was.

Another alternative is tracking down a 3d party canopy, like from the Airfix kit, or a vacuum formed example that might be produced.

I hope you find a solution to this unfortunate surprise.

good luck

• Thanks 1

Thanks @lunarhighway I'll drop them a line. I haven't found any after market replacements - I had a look before starting the thread. I know what you mean about scratch building, but I think I would end up wasting a lot of time creating something that didn't work. The sliding part of the canopy and the wing light covers would be manageable, but the windscreen would be a real challenge for me. Thanks again for your reply. 

I bought a Mikro Mir Beverley that had a complete sprue missing.

I emailed the guys in the Ukraine, got a reply of sorts from them, did not hold out much hope, and a complete sprue arrived in the post.

I would email Trumpeter.

adey

• Like 1

Best of luck in your quest to get a replacement. I have had trouble in the past with other companies, its hit and miss if they respond, i hope you are successful in your quest. 

• Thanks 1