Danish CF-104D #finished#

Dansk

13 hours ago, Dansk said:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Jens.

I fear it’s a little late now though, I’m sealing up the canopies as we speak.

These two variants the kit caters for. Is it the upper variant that is correct?

I will have to live with the error. 
50850022451_6e4c6ce300_c.jpg

Yes, the upper one is correct for the Danish F-104s. I know Italy and Germany used the rounded one, but I am not sure about other users.

Jens

• Like 1

Thanks Jens. Noted for the future. 👍

This is a busy old GB.
12 hours from the last post and one has to dig deeply down into page 2 of all the builds in order to find one’s last post.

Well here is my current status if you’re following this; I’ve been constructing the external fuel tanks, and affixing the remaining glazing.

the fit of all has been superb, the fuel tanks and their aerofoils snap together delightfully.

Kinetic have really done a superb job on this.

Gotta say though, the starfighter is so cool and purposeful, even its fuel tanks look awesome.

50853163673_d4cf7f7363_k.jpg

and in other news... this wonderful package arrived today from russia in a wonderful retro small-business-like envelope for the stgb’s later this year. 

@trickyrich has a lot to answer for, this is his fault that I bought these.

50853163663_ad54d47262_k.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

More nice work there Paul. Good to see you getting equipped for the future GBs as well :D 

Thanks. 👍

Your F-14 STGB should be fun Col. I can see a lot of Tamiya’s in that. 
I have gone a little overdrawn overboard with mine: aftermarket wheels, decals, quinta cockpit and canopy masks but I’m looking forward to it. 😁

5 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Thanks. 👍

Your F-14 STGB should be fun Col. I can see a lot of Tamiya’s in that. 
I have gone a little overdrawn overboard with mine: aftermarket wheels, decals, quinta cockpit and canopy masks but I’m looking forward to it. 😁

:lol: 

Something tells me we're in for a busy Tomcat GB. @trickyrich alone has at least 4 Tamiya kits (although that number may be an outdated count already) :o W.W.E.M.D. Or should that be What Would @reiniDo as he's the multi-build master in these GBs of late :hmmm:Either way it certainly sounds as if you have all the ingredients for a top class Tomcat there.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Dansk said:

@trickyrich has a lot to answer for, this is his fault that I bought these.

Yes, he has a lot to answer for. I have been checking out the same.

Ray

• Haha 1

All the external fuel tanks are made up and primed to see how the seams look.

The fuselage has been given the same treatment and I can see there’s a bunch of work needed, she has a nose now too incidentally (with a touch of noseweight in to be safe).

50857384596_d147d8f1d2_h.jpg

• Like 9

On 1/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, reini said:

@Col.only one Tomcat in stash...  at the moment, that is :D

Given the rate at which you can produce finished models during a GB I'm surprised you have time to amass a stash! :D 

19 hours ago, Dansk said:

All the external fuel tanks are made up and primed to see how the seams look.

The fuselage has been given the same treatment and I can see there’s a bunch of work needed, she has a nose now too incidentally (with a touch of noseweight in to be safe).

Given how smooth that looks I'm surprised to hear you say there's still much work to be done Paul but you'll no doubt produce an exemplary result again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Col. There wasnt much the kit is very nicely engineered but some things to fix mainly down to my fitting I think. This is always my least favourite part of any build, I’ve been sanding, filling, and scribing. I’m just not very good or patient at it but I think it’s nearly there now after a coat of primer.
The external fuel tanks have took a long time but they are primed now too. I’ll reassess when all the primers dried.
The starfighter now has its wings on (and flaps and slats set down, a nice kinetic touch.)
The elevators are sorted too. Everything fits so nicely on this kit its very good.

So next up a bit more priming and cleaning up, the preshading, yay!

50864043831_7601cf0ee5_h.jpg

50864043781_cbbcb0bbb5_h.jpg

50863333568_9ceb7168d6_h.jpg

Edit: i just noticed that port slat has not seated correctly. I’ll have to sort that.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 10

Kinetic certainly seem to be on the leading edge of kit design these days (although I may be somewhat biased due to their recent Harrier output :wub: ) but your modelling skills are also clearly helping the process. Even though you can't always glue a part on straight once in a while :tease:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Kinetic certainly seem to be on the leading edge of kit design these days (although I may be somewhat biased due to their recent Harrier output :wub: ) but your modelling skills are also clearly helping the process. Even though you can't always glue a part on straight once in a while :tease:

Thanks Col theres a compliment hidden in there somewhere 😁

I’ll have to check out their Harriers and your builds, I was thinking the other day I’d like to build a harrier. 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dansk said:

Thanks Col theres a compliment hidden in there somewhere 😁

I’ll have to check out their Harriers and your builds, I was thinking the other day I’d like to build a harrier. 🤔

From what I understand the Kinetic Harrier series improves with each new version released; SHAR FRS.1 has a few issues around the canopy shape and intake fit. The intakes were improved for the F/A.2  and T-bird kits. The GR.1/3 and AV-8A kit seems to be better again. Sadly this is all second-hand information from me as I've not put glue to plastic on any of my ones yet :( 

20 hours ago, Col. said:

From what I understand the Kinetic Harrier series improves with each new version released; SHAR FRS.1 has a few issues around the canopy shape and intake fit. The intakes were improved for the F/A.2  and T-bird kits. The GR.1/3 and AV-8A kit seems to be better again. Sadly this is all second-hand information from me as I've not put glue to plastic on any of my ones yet :( 

I decided to buy one, 😁invested in an ebay’d GR.1/3 kit yesterday. Let’s see how it looks on arrival.

20 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Well done Paul, she's looking very nice. Looking forward in seeing this one turning green.

thanks mate 🙏

Well not much to report. I have just a couple of lines to etch then we can roll with paint.

Unfortunately I had to pack it away today, and all of my modelling stuff.
We are moving house this week so it’ll be a good week before I can unpack it and get things up and running again.

50871380932_ffefe5e1d8_h.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Don't forget to fit the compressor face for the Pegasus which is completely missed in the instructions, at least it is on the 2 seaters.

best of luck for the move Paul, I hope that it goes smoothly for you.

Thanks Craig you might have to remind me of that in the future.

I hope you are feeling better today mate.

• Like 1

Excellent future subject choice Paul :thumbsup: It'll fit well in the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB ;)

Erm, hope it's getting delivered to the correct address!?! If it helps send it to me and I can look after it for you :whistle:

• Haha 3