Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record breakers, Special schemes megaGB Chat

A build (almost) anything GB?
Probably pushing the limits of generality?

OK, I'm in.  No idea what I'll build - or too many ideas.  I'll work something out later.

Predict this gets the no 2 slot in the bun fight (your bombers build gets no 1)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Go on then

I've got plenty of F1 and rally cars to go at 😁

Cool! Hopefully this GB will give us a chance to feature some colourful and different subjects :) In the meantime the Africa GB coming soon is also a potential venue for rally and F1 subjects ;) 

8 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Count. Me. In. Please.

Thank you!

😍

With pleasure :) 

5 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

A build (almost) anything GB?
Probably pushing the limits of generality?

OK, I'm in.  No idea what I'll build - or too many ideas.  I'll work something out later.

Predict this gets the no 2 slot in the bun fight (your bombers build gets no 1)

In reality I'm hoping that by combining these subjects it'll produce a GB with plenty of scope colourful and uncommon models :) 

Liking the sound of your prediction :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I'd love to join. With an inter-war record breaker I think. Safe option would be the FROG/NOVO Bristol 138, but I might be tempted to build something a bit more obscure.

Regards,

Adrian

Your Bristol 138 is a lovely option Adrian but something more obscure is also welcome :) 

29 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Count me in I have a gloster whittle, a heinkel 170 a Gee Bee and a Ford sitting in the stash and plans for a Bugatti as well.

Several good options there even though I'm not used to seeing you work from a kit! :lol:

• Thanks 2

Finally, an excuse to build the 1990 Heller kit of the Rafale Demonstrateur. Or the Airfix P.1127. Or the KP Convair XFY-1 'Pogo Stick'. Or the Tamiya Bell X-1. Or the Hobbycraft CF1-05 Arrow. Or maybe the DH 88 Comet Racer (Frog > Airfix). Or the Fujimi Spitfire XIV (King's Cup Race version). Or the Matchbox Wellesley (LRDU version).

I'm sure I have plenty of jets with special scheme options, although they are not usually my cup of tea. I guess I could make an exception.

Would aircraft used for research on something other than their own design count? I'm thinking of the likes of the Airfix U-2, specifically the NASA option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, klr said:

Finally, an excuse to build the 1990 Heller kit of the Rafale Demonstrateur. Or the Airfix P.1127. Or the KP Convair XFY-1 'Pogo Stick'. Or the Tamiya Bell X-1. Or the Hobbycraft CF1-05 Arrow. Or maybe the DH 88 Comet Racer (Frog > Airfix). Or the Fujimi Spitfire XIV (King's Cup Race version). Or the Matchbox Wellesley (LRDU version).

I'm sure I have plenty of jets with special scheme options, although they are not usually my cup of tea. I guess I could make an exception.

All of those are great options for aviation subjects across the various categories within our GB :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, klr said:

Would aircraft used for research on something other than their own design count? I'm thinking of the likes of the Airfix U-2, specifically the NASA option.

Yes, absolutely, subjects such as the U-2 and various other types used by NASA for research purposes are good. Same with the various CCV types such as the ACT Jaguar, specially configured F-104 and F-16, VAAC Harrier etc.

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

If you've no objections I have some racing planes in the stash.

Thanks Chris 

No objections at all Chris :D 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Col

My pleasure.

36 minutes ago, Andwil said:

I have one or two candidates in the stash so count me in.

AW

You are duly counted AW :) 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, nimrod54 said:

I seem to remember signing up for Rich's original proposal Col, so it would rude of me not to join in with this one.

Added you to the list at number 22 John :) 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:23 AM, neil5208 said:

I have the Northrop YB49 waiting in the stash, a suitable prototype aircraft to sign up with.

Nice subject choice :speak_cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump time since the best part of a week has passed with no activity in this thread :bounce:

There's a high potential for colourful subjects here in both military and civilian guise. Everything from Reno racers to airshow special schemes, Formula 1 and rally cars, Paris-Dakar and Moto GP bikes, rockets and submarines, the list is wide-ranging.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good evening Col

Please add my name to the list I have the Tamiya Bell X 1 in my stash  for years and I would like to build it in memory of its pilot the late Chuck Yeager ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Col

Please add my name to the list I have the Tamiya Bell X 1 in my stash  for years and I would like to build it in memory of its pilot the late Chuck Yeager ...

Cheers

Patrice

Good afternoon Patrice. A pleasure to have your interest as always and a great subject choice :)