Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record breakers, Special schemes megaGB Chat

39 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Was it an Artillery tractor for towing cannons, It looks to have a caisson wagon behind it ? 

It was a prototype for the British Mk I tank. The trailing wheelset was for steering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Willie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_heavy_tanks_of_World_War_I#Mark_I

• Thanks 1

You raise an interesting point @PhantomBigStu but as @Black Knight says both of those are fairly standard schemes and therefore we need a clear definition of what constitutes 'special'. How about paintwork that if not unique to a single example was applied to no more than 10 examples of something?

My thinking is this allows display teams to be eligible as well as the various single commemorative and show schemes, 'Tiger Meet', experimental camouflage and the such like with an emphasis placed to wild and colourful as the spirit of this GB.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Cheers was worth an ask, still leaves me with the CAG f-14 as the front runner, will see what happens 

Could you try to make the Mosquito into the 'Hi-ball' version?

I have the instructions on the conversion from a magazine already scanned and available to send

Or the P-40 into a 2-seater ?

4a91f2b8043fdf0815bb3e74a51c9774.jpg

20 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Me again, pretending to be not shoehorning stuff I happen to have in the stash in, what about warbirds like the BBMF? 

No but keep trying :lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Best not, seem to spend more time planning future build than actually working on current ones I should be 🤣

That's another essential of the hobby Stu; procrastination :D 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Me again, I swear for the last time, Just won an airfix harrier gr9 and checking a couple of schemes in the spares, I assume the one off retirement camouflaged version would count as would a sqn anniversary tail? 

Retirement and Anniversary schemes come under the Special Schemes section so both are good Stu :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Courageous said:

I have a shelf full of racer planes, so count me in.

Stuart

Excellent. Welcome along Stuart :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Finally hit the target :) should see both the x-1 and harrier, gone of the CAG f-14 as I know it’ll be a lot of work and trying to just build simple stuff for a while 

Any mention of Harriers always gets my attention Stu :lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luke1199 said:

I've always wanted to take a stab at a YF-23, quite interested in the Shenyang FC-31 also- count me in too

Those certainly are two great options :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, Col. said:

Any mention of Harriers always gets my attention Stu :lol:

Still plenty of time, and I've changed my mind about 156446 times since my last post....promise final one this time, thinking of actually doing a F-14 now (after nearly starting that harrier as such over the weekend) as a regular WIP, before I commit, I assume a non CAG bird (but with the similar colourful unit markings) wouldn't be eligible as its not unique? 

• Haha 1