Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record breakers, Special schemes megaGB Chat

17 minutes ago, Maginot said:

Requesting clearance to enter this GB with the Commonwealth Aircraft CA-15. I'm a Johnny-come-lately for sure, but I think the subject fits the bill. Waddaya reckon, Bill? Er... @Col.?

CA-15-gleaming.jpg

Go for it :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stumbled on this excellent gallery of USAF 'X' series planes, from the X-1 to the X-10, with a turboprop XF-84F for good measure.

N2RTV2l.jpg

Note: the link is to a site that is largely a political forum, with a lounge like everyone else. If this presents any difficulty I will take this down and do a post of the pictures only. I appreciate and respect the silence maintained here on political topics.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/12/30/2144187/-Air-Force-Museum-Some-experimental-aircraft-photo-diary

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 6:06 PM, Old Man said:

Stumbled on this excellent gallery of USAF 'X' series planes, from the X-1 to the X-10, with a turboprop XF-84F for good measure.

N2RTV2l.jpg

Note: the link is to a site that is largely a political forum, with a lounge like everyone else. If this presents any difficulty I will take this down and do a post of the pictures only. I appreciate and respect the silence maintained here on political topics.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/12/30/2144187/-Air-Force-Museum-Some-experimental-aircraft-photo-diary

I like to think we're all mature enough to separate politics from our hobby so it shouldn't be a problem :) There's an interesting selection of subjects in that link.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alert!

Public Service Announcement

Attention all personnel.

Following a review of the recent progress updates on many threads your mod team has decided a previously discussed fourteen day extension to the GB deadline will be useful to ensure many projects reach completion. The new end date is therefore now 29th January.

Happy modelling and all hail Enzo the Magnificent!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

Given theres actually not that much work aside from designing and printing the decals on my delta I'm off to see if I can squeeze another build it.......

edit: cooled on that idea as don't really fancy them compared to a whif 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Many thanks to the mods for the fourteen day extension but now you've got me thinking about whether I can get another build in! I have a couple of options for (hopefully) straightforward aircraft builds that can be done OOB with a special scheme. And a couple of interesting small vacform and resin kits that would fit the prototype/research bill. Hmmmm....

And before anyone asks what Enzo would do, there really isn't enough time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Col. said:

Alert!

Public Service Announcement

Attention all personnel.

Following a review of the recent progress updates on many threads your mod team has decided a previously discussed fourteen day extension to the GB deadline will be useful to ensure many projects reach completion. The new end date is therefore now 29th January.

Happy modelling and all hail Enzo the Magnificent!

Hail to the Chief!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TimJ said:

Thanks to the mods or the two week extension, I should be able to get my Monte Carlo finished by the 29th. 😀

That's good news Tim :) 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to the mods for the extension. The S6B is finished an photographed and I plan on putting the wings on the AW52 tonight, so there is a chance it might be finished by the 29th, as it only had one colour and has about six decals. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Thanks to the mods for the extension. The S6B is finished an photographed and I plan on putting the wings on the AW52 tonight, so there is a chance it might be finished by the 29th, as it only had one colour and has about six decals. 

So long as you're enjoying the project and satisfied with the results that's the main thing Mr. T. Getting finished within the deadline is a bonus ;) 

• Thanks 1