Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record breakers, Special schemes megaGB Chat

2 hours ago, CarLos said:

Bf 109 V13 record breaker from the Matchbox kit?

Heinkel He 100 V8 record breaker? (Lindberg)

Me 209 Record Breaker?

Tough decision...

You have to ask yourself, W.W.E.M.D?

What Would Enzo Matrix Do?

The answer always is... Build 'em all! :D

They would, as the boss says , make a great themed collection if you have the time. Perhaps we need to ask @Enzo Matrix for an extension already :hmmm:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, TimJ said:

I've got some kits of concept cars in the stash and was wondering if they'd qualify for the GB in the 'prototypes' category? If not I've got plenty of racers to choose from.   

Be great to see some cars in this GB :like:

Cheers Pat 

15 hours ago, TimJ said:

I've got some kits of concept cars in the stash and was wondering if they'd qualify for the GB in the 'prototypes' category? If not I've got plenty of racers to choose from.   

Conceptual designs and projects can qualify under both the prototype and research categories :) 

20 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@Col., Little h wants to join the GB & hopes you will let her build and Egg Space Shuttle Discovery, she has found many records that it “broke” 

5CB18E80-CDE5-4A34-B3A7-C86685FD2330

I'm delighted that Little H wishes to join us with such a cool and eligible subject :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Here is an interesting one which is perfectly suited to this GB.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72017

Aye that's another good option :)

18 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid questions but would the Vasteras air show scheme count as a special scheme.  It’s the on,y thing I can find in the stash that’s close 🫣

52383719719_6c5807f83c_b.jpg

Not a stupid question at all Dave and yes eligible in the Special Scheme category :)

• Like 3

Hi @Col.

Don't know if this has been asked before. I did not think I had anything for this GB but have just found a pair of Do-335. The old Frog one seems to be the first prototype of the A-6 night fighter version so I guess that is eligible whereas the HobbyBoss say theirs is an A-1 but other sources suggest it seems to be the second pre-production A-0 so I am not sure if that is eligible or not? Still digging through my sources to try and clarify the latter!

Pete

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi @Col.

Don't know if this has been asked before. I did not think I had anything for this GB but have just found a pair of Do-335. The old Frog one seems to be the first prototype of the A-6 night fighter version so I guess that is eligible whereas the HobbyBoss say theirs is an A-1 but other sources suggest it seems to be the second pre-production A-0 so I am not sure if that is eligible or not? Still digging through my sources to try and clarify the latter!

Pete

Pre-production are eligible as part of the prototype category Pete :) Something I need to clarify in the rules section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to do all 5 of the Avro 707s that were built to develop the delta wing for the Vulcan. My thinking is to do them all in one thread but will happily split them into indivudual threads if this would be better.

Any preference?

Stev e

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BritJet said:

I'd like to do all 5 of the Avro 707s that were built to develop the delta wing for the Vulcan. My thinking is to do them all in one thread but will happily split them into indivudual threads if this would be better.

Any preference?

Stev e

Up to you Steve. A single thread would show the differences across the various versions nicely.

• Like 2

Cheers, a single thread will help me to keep track of all five of them as well without the duplication single threads would produce. I'll get some photos of the kits and start a thread tomorrow.

Steve

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BritJet said:

Cheers, a single thread will help me to keep track of all five of them as well without the duplication single threads would produce. I'll get some photos of the kits and start a thread tomorrow.

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Aye that's another good option :)

Not a stupid question at all Dave and yes eligible in the Special Scheme category :)

Thanks Col.  I have a stupid work schedule over the next month (and I also have signed up for a meteor) but wanted to join in here as well. 

Dave

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

I have a stupid work schedule over the next month (and I also have signed up for a meteor) but wanted to join in here as well.

Sounds like you need to join the Spreadsheet Mafia. :D 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Here is an interesting one which is perfectly suited to this GB.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72017

Going a little bit off-piste here but does anybody know where I can find those distinctive P markings in 1/48 please?

15 hours ago, Col. said:

Pre-production are eligible as part of the prototype category Pete :) Something I need to clarify in the rules section.

Glad to hear that as my turret plonked on another hull build is OK. I feel a lot more 'included' now. :D

15 hours ago, BritJet said:

Any preference?

Stev e

I'd love to follow a 5-way build. A very beautiful aircraft but full of traps for the unwary/poorly informed.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Going a little bit off-piste here but does anybody know where I can find those distinctive P markings in 1/48 please?

Try here.

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/product/prototype-ps-aircraft-30-36-fp807-1-48/

• Thanks 1

A question to which I probably already know the answer... I guess that production aircraft involved in experimental or research activity would be eligible even if they are not strictly designed for the role, right ? If so I've long desired to build Hunter WV383 while with RAE in the old Light Aircraft Grey with blue trim scheme, as seen in the link below:

https://www.airhistory.net/photo/95791/WV383

This GB may be a good excuse to finally build a model of this aircraft, I've got the Xtrakit T.7 in the stash that I could just build OOB for this subject. This aircraft is today on display at Farnborough in her later Raspberry Ripple scheme, scheme that is sure very attractive but I find the earlier scheme very interesting, probably because it's quite unusual

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

A question to which I probably already know the answer... I guess that production aircraft involved in experimental or research activity would be eligible even if they are not strictly designed for the role, right ? If so I've long desired to build Hunter WV383 while with RAE in the old Light Aircraft Grey with blue trim scheme, as seen in the link below:

https://www.airhistory.net/photo/95791/WV383

This GB may be a good excuse to finally build a model of this aircraft, I've got the Xtrakit T.7 in the stash that I could just build OOB for this subject. This aircraft is today on display at Farnborough in her later Raspberry Ripple scheme, scheme that is sure very attractive but I find the earlier scheme very interesting, probably because it's quite unusual

Yes Georgio. Any equipment involved in experimental, research, and evaluation work is eligible so your Hunter is a good choice :)