Special Schemes

A321 Austrian Airlines "Millennium"

A340 Austrian Airlines  "Wiener Philharmoniker"

Petlyakov Pe-8 Polar Aviation

Tupolev ANT-25

Tupolev ANT-7 N-28

Tupolev ANT-9 Crocodile 

Yermolaev Er-2ON

Or should I perhaps buy another kit just for this GB? 

• Haha 3

I'm doing another GB on a different group starting 1st October and the theme is Italian, so I'm going to combine the 2 GBs with one of these from the stash. Not sure which yet as I'll be changing my mind right up to the point I have to commit 🤣🤣

20220906_230054

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Col,

Hi. I've got a number of possible planes for this and a boat but would like to do a figure. Could a special uniform (e.g. a musician) count as a special scheme?

Alan

Good question Alan and, in short, yes.

Let's say parade/show/Number 1 uniforms are eligible for figures under the Special Schemes category :) 

• Like 1

• Enzo the Magnificent changed the title to Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record breakers, Special schemes megaGB Chat

To quote the lyrics from one of my favourite songs, ‘the time approaches’ eek ( the eek is mine) doing some deck clearing between now and the 24th both literally and figuratively and then the painful decision making process. Well so far the YF 22 & 23 and Little Willie are confirmed, and probably the Tiger meet Tornado; just need to figure out what else I may build for the GB…,

• Like 2

I can almost hear @Enzo Matrix thinking build em all and let God sort it out :) 

A question do captured schemes such as these qualify?

7-F80-C6-CA-803-E-45-C8-A63-F-E655-C65-E
Although it might by fun to backdate my FW190 in the stash to V1, hmmm.

Oh and will there be an inspiration gallery?

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

I can almost hear @Enzo Matrix thinking build em all and let God sort it out :) 

:lol:

A question do captured schemes such as these qualify?

7-F80-C6-CA-803-E-45-C8-A63-F-E655-C65-E

Yes. Within the Research and also Special Schemes category.

Oh and will there be an inspiration gallery?

Also yes. Just give me time to get everything set up. Hopefully later today.

• Like 2

Oh and one last question, the rules seem to be suggesting that battle can commence immediately so to speak or am I reading them wrong?

As happens I could start de sprucing the jets and I’m itching to cut plastic on my little Willie ( why does that just sound wrong) but was sort of going to either leave them or invoke the 25% rule. 

And of course getting a head start on these four might be instrumental in getting the Geest, the Spyder, the Aviatik DII and the SS DV done  

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Oh and one last question, the rules seem to be suggesting that battle can commence immediately so to speak or am I reading them wrong?

As happens I could start de sprucing the jets and I’m itching to cut plastic on my little Willie ( why does that just sound wrong) but was sort of going to either leave them or invoke the 25% rule. 

And of course getting a head start on these four might be instrumental in getting the Geest, the Spyder, the Aviatik DII and the SS DV done  

Perpetration work is fine but I'd rather no-one fired straight into major work on a new project prior to the 24th. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Col. said:

Perpetration work is fine but I'd rather no-one fired straight into major work on a new project prior to the 24th. 

Since I’m on a charge to tame the WIP I’ll probably only desprue a bit and scale some plans. TBH a clear shelf of doom will help more than an early start to the GB :) now where did I leave my Olympic….

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Because it does ! 

@Col. am I still co-hosting ?  

I'd be delighted to have you as my co-conspirator if you're still up for it Dennis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'd be delighted to have you as my co-conspirator if you're still up for it Dennis.

Sure thing, I will do what I can, I’m still trying to figure out a build for this ? Would an F6F Hellcat Drone or an F-18 in CAG markings count as a special scheme ? If not I’ll keep looking. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sure thing, I will do what I can, I’m still trying to figure out a build for this ? Would an F6F Hellcat Drone or an F-18 in CAG markings count as a special scheme ? If not I’ll keep looking. 

Thank you.

Both options are good Dennis :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I have rather a lot of race car kits in the pile so think I'll throw a couple together for the GB - probably a Metro 6R4 and Dome Zero RL because I like an ugly duckling or two. The Dome Zero decals seem to have yellowed severely over the years so I best go find a sunny window-sill!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Do warbirds like the BBMF aircraft count as special schemes? Got a few planned long term so be nice to do one for this given I have the bits to go 

Hmm, good question Stu :hmmm:

As an initial answer I'd say not as such unless they are specially marked in commemoration of something but am happy to consider any reasoned argument either way.

8 minutes ago, Col. said:

Hmm, good question Stu :hmmm:

As an initial answer I'd say not as such unless they are specially marked in commemoration of something but am happy to consider any reasoned argument either way.

Fair enough, though one of them is based of what I thought was a one off SEAC spitfire with a black leopard on a side though it seems it was standard feature for that sqn so not so special

• Like 1

Have just noticed this GB and the Special Schemes section is inviting - possibilities include:

1. BA 757-236 (Zvezda) G-BIKW in the 1999 "Pause to Remember" scheme (26 Decals)
  2. Kinetic Polish F-16C 4055 in the 2016 Tiger Meet scheme (although 4052 from the same year appeals but I would need to buy the decals)
  3. Academy F-15C 79-041 in the Oregon National Guard 75th Anniversary scheme but decals cost more than the kit!

Will make a decision later and check if there is anything else lurking in the cupboard that might be suitable but I must finish at least one of the two F-15E that are in the current group build.

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Do warbirds like the BBMF aircraft count as special schemes? Got a few planned long term so be nice to do one for this given I have the bits to go 

I thought all BBMF aircraft were based on historical aircraft of the same type and therefore ex service markings, but I may be wrong 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Have just noticed this GB and the Special Schemes section is inviting - possibilities include:

1. BA 757-236 (Zvezda) G-BIKW in the 1999 "Pause to Remember" scheme (26 Decals)
  2. Kinetic Polish F-16C 4055 in the 2016 Tiger Meet scheme (although 4052 from the same year appeals but I would need to buy the decals)
  3. Academy F-15C 79-041 in the Oregon National Guard 75th Anniversary scheme but decals cost more than the kit!

Will make a decision later and check if there is anything else lurking in the cupboard that might be suitable but I must finish at least one of the two F-15E that are in the current group build.

Mike

All good options there Mike. Hope the F-15E projects are going well for you.

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

I thought all BBMF aircraft were based on historical aircraft of the same type and therefore ex service markings, but I may be wrong 🤔

Yes they are all based on real aircraft ( or aircrafts in the case of the lanc recently). So no warbirds,  do captured aircraft count as special?, “found” myself with a spare mustang, and nearly did one couple of months back, and the green and yellow finish is something different 

Edited by PhantomBigStu