Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

Hello all,

Back again in modelling mode after an extended period away looking for my mojo, I even asked the carpet monster but he hadn't seen it either, anyway I have been watching the annual bunfight at the OK tearooms with some amusement and found myself trying to remember what I had in the stash that would work for pretty much all of the proposed GB/STGBs,  I certainly wont be doing more than a few as over facing myself was most likely the major cause of my interest breakdown.

I will most definitely be having a go at the Bomber/Strike/GA GB (and have voted accordingly as well as for the others in which I would be interested) with either a 1/48 Airfix Jaguar, 1/48 Hasegawa British Phantom FGR2 or the 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer S2B.

So sign me up.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

Given how the winds (and votes) are going, permission requested to join this group build.

Provides a good excuse to build something by Hawker with cannons, bombs, or rockets on it.

You're on the list at 46 and any excuse to build a Hawker product is a great one in my opinion :D

• Thanks 1

Hi @Col.

Since the GB calender 2022 doesn't co-operate with my own schedule I think I'll enter this one in this GB instead of @trickyrich "Turning Japanese GB"
51357945415_001f8e26ac_k.jpg099 by Bosse Persson, on Flickr

I'd love to do both GB's but unfortunately I can't due to the upcoming renovation of our flat. 
If it's eligible here at least I have a shot to build it before I have to pack up all my modeling gear in the Spring/Summer. 

/Bosse - who's going to miss some great GB's next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marlin said:

Hi @Col.

Since the GB calender 2022 doesn't co-operate with my own schedule I think I'll enter this one in this GB instead of @trickyrich "Turning Japanese GB"

I'd love to do both GB's but unfortunately I can't due to the upcoming renovation of our flat. 
If it's eligible here at least I have a shot to build it before I have to pack up all my modeling gear in the Spring/Summer. 

/Bosse - who's going to miss some great GB's next year.

Sorry to hear you'll be missing some great GBs Bosse but what a cool subject for this one :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marlin said:

Bosse, that's some missile; I wouldn't want to be the ship at the other end, :oops:

Chris

• Like 1

Looking at the overlap w/ F/A-18 & MiG-21 STGBs I'll likely be trying to build one of those here to spiritually build 2 birds w/ one stone.  Leaning towards a HARM equipped F/A-18C...  But some of those MiG camo schemes are tempting, Slovak MF in winter camo, Hungarian MF or a Soviet MT.

• Like 1

I'd like to join in with a Tamiya 1/48 F-4B Phantom II.

It's one that I planned to build for the Phantom GB, but I got worried about messing up the 'perfect kit' by working to a deadline.

I'm over that now, honest.

🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Bosse, that's some missile; I wouldn't want to be the ship at the other end, :oops:

Chris

Aye that's an FBM for sure! 

13 hours ago, helios16v said:

Looking at the overlap w/ F/A-18 & MiG-21 STGBs I'll likely be trying to build one of those here to spiritually build 2 birds w/ one stone.  Leaning towards a HARM equipped F/A-18C...  But some of those MiG camo schemes are tempting, Slovak MF in winter camo, Hungarian MF or a Soviet MT.

Either of those will be cool; on the one hand you've a Hornet equiped with some FBMs while on the other you've a Fishbed in some eye-catching schemes :speak_cool: 

13 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I'd like to join in with a Tamiya 1/48 F-4B Phantom II.

It's one that I planned to build for the Phantom GB, but I got worried about messing up the 'perfect kit' by working to a deadline.

I'm over that now, honest.

🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

Go for it Bertie :) Take each step with patience and you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, MagpieFNQ said:

I have a lovely A-20 Havoc in the "to do" pile that will fit just nicely into this one. 
I'll be having a go at 3d printing some crew members for it. 

Sounds great. 3d printing certainly opens up a wide range of new possiblities now.

While I was walking the dog this morning I was pondering what out of my relatively modest stash I'll do for this one, because the mud movers are pretty well represented... the Halifax will probably be Big and British, and the Ju 88 will have a STGB all of its own, so it could be a He 111... or an Fw 200... or an He 111... or one of four different B-25s... or a B-26... or a Bloch 210... or a B-24... or an A-20...or a B-17... or one of a number of Bristol twins (some of which are tooled up with fearsome looking rockets)... or a Wellington... or a Whitley... or a celebrated Lanc (together with a Tornado and a Typhoon from the same squadron that commemorate it, but that's a whole project all of its own!)... or a Hudson... or a Dinah... or a Kate... or a Breguet 693... or a Sparviero.... or a Cicogna... the list goes on and on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigfoot said:

I’d like to join up for this one if I may with an SBD dauntless, not sure which variant yet as got a couple in the stash.

Ooh, yes, nice subject choice :speak_cool:

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

While I was walking the dog this morning I was pondering what out of my relatively modest stash I'll do for this one, because the mud movers are pretty well represented... the Halifax will probably be Big and British, and the Ju 88 will have a STGB all of its own, so it could be a He 111... or an Fw 200... or an He 111... or one of four different B-25s... or a B-26... or a Bloch 210... or a B-24... or an A-20...or a B-17... or one of a number of Bristol twins (some of which are tooled up with fearsome looking rockets)... or a Wellington... or a Whitley... or a celebrated Lanc (together with a Tornado and a Typhoon from the same squadron that commemorate it, but that's a whole project all of its own!)... or a Hudson... or a Dinah... or a Kate... or a Breguet 693... or a Sparviero.... or a Cicogna... the list goes on and on!

W.W.E.M.D. :lol:

Seriously, even I can't pick a favourite out of that lot! A nice problem to have. Perhaps we need to organise a poll? :wicked:

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Hmm does a tornado count? as ground attack, in which case I have two kits in 1/72 and 1/144 that would fit the bill. 

Yes it does in the case of GR/IDS variants and the short-lived EF-3 :)

Could I get an adjudication on the 25% rule please? I've had this hiding in the loft for 20-25 years, there's been a fair bit of paintwork, but not much actual gluing together of stuff. If it helps, my plan is to strip the paint anyway, as most of it is far rougher than it looksspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 81-er said:

Could I get an adjudication on the 25% rule please? I've had this hiding in the loft for 20-25 years, there's been a fair bit of paintwork, but not much actual gluing together of stuff. If it helps, my plan is to strip the paint anyway, as most of it is far rougher than it looksspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

James

You're well inside the 25% point with this one James and a cool subject choice :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

So glad this made it! So many choices! He 177 Greif, B-25J, Sea Hawk, Dragonfly, Mig-27, Corsair II, G4M2 Betty. Oh my! 

You have some selection there. Best of good luck picking one :speak_cool:

10 hours ago, Col. said:

You're well inside the 25% point with this one James and a cool subject choice :thumbsup:

Thanks Col, hopefully I can do it justice 🙂

James

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 81-er said:

Thanks Col, hopefully I can do it justice 🙂

James

It's always always worth a try James. Never know unless you give it a go ;)

• Like 1