Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

7 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Room for a little one?

I've got a pair of bomb equipped Czech MiG-15s just waiting for a chance to be born.

Always room for a little one or two Tim :) 

I'll sign up for this one too, though I'm not sure what I will build. I have a Marines F-8 kit with tons of bombs on it (the 1/72 Academy kit) which is unlikely to be built between now and then, so I'll commit to that unless I get a better idea (ie, buy yet another kit of something). 

I just finished my Tornado IDS for the Tornado STGB - it would have been perfect but I'm never doing that old Italeri kit again!

I guess a howitzer would fit in this GB too huh? I think I have one in the stash too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bianfuxia said:

I'll sign up for this one too, though I'm not sure what I will build. I have a Marines F-8 kit with tons of bombs on it (the 1/72 Academy kit) which is unlikely to be built between now and then, so I'll commit to that unless I get a better idea (ie, buy yet another kit of something). 

I just finished my Tornado IDS for the Tornado STGB - it would have been perfect but I'm never doing that old Italeri kit again!

I guess a howitzer would fit in this GB too huh? I think I have one in the stash too.

Both your bombed-up F-8 and howitzer are great options :) 

38 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Col

Please add my name to the list I am sure to find something suitable in my stash ..

Best regards

Patrice

Good afternoon Patrice. It is a pleasure to add your name as always :)

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scargsy said:

Sign me up I have a Halifax that I need an excuse to start but failing that I'm sure I'll find something else big - B29?

Either or both of those are great options :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm in.

Probably something with black paint on the bottom and turrets.

Fighters get boring after a while. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 2:02 AM, vppelt68 said:

A bomber GB, good... @Ol' Scrapiron what excuse do you need not to build the Tuxedo Tomie here :winkgrin:?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I think I might be a go for a B-17 in this... maybe LUCKY STEHLEY BOY -- but TUXEDO TOMIE would work as well.

Are there dates for this? (I followed the link to VPP's tag, so I haven't read the full details yet.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I think I might be a go for a B-17 in this... maybe LUCKY STEHLEY BOY -- but TUXEDO TOMIE would work as well.

Are there dates for this? (I followed the link to VPP's tag, so I haven't read the full details yet.)

No dates, this is only the proposal and gathering of interest.  If we get the votes then it is in to the bunfight at the end of the year to get a slot next year.

Oh and who's not for some 1/72 scale carpet bombing, I have a B-52 or three to build, so count me in.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:01 PM, rafalbert said:

I have way too many to mention for this, count me in.

Dave

You are duly counted in Dave :) It's always nice to have a few options.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:03 PM, At Sea said:

I'm in.

Probably something with black paint on the bottom and turrets.

Fighters get boring after a while. 🙂

:lol: A Second World War 'heavy' does bring its own charm in large quantity :D 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:02 AM, exdraken said:

Great idea, please add me!

Job done with pleasure Werner :thumbsup:

On 1/7/2021 at 10:13 AM, CliffB said:

Yes please Col.  First choice at the moment would be a 1/96 Victor.

Now that is a cool option Cliff :speak_cool:

On 1/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, reini said:

Certainly, I'm in. 

Welcome along fella :D 

17 hours ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

Both of those sound interesting options. I'd forgotten about the potential for cool nose art on many bombers :speak_cool:

No dates yet, as Ray says below...

15 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

No dates, this is only the proposal and gathering of interest.  If we get the votes then it is in to the bunfight at the end of the year to get a slot next year.

Oh and who's not for some 1/72 scale carpet bombing, I have a B-52 or three to build, so count me in.

Sounds as if you've got your own Ark Light strike in planning there Ray :D 

5 hours ago, klr said:

I have many candidates for this, too many! Sign me up.

Signed :D Plenty time to organise a list of options ;) 

4 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Ooh, gotta few lurking for this! 

B-58, B-25, A-7E! 

Sign me up! 

Signed! Three great options there :thumbsup:

• Like 1