Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

2 hours ago, jrlx said:

To the attention of the GB hosts:

Would this build be allowed to participate in the GB?

Thanks in advance.

Jaime

Yes Jamie this one is good to continue in our GB; both the subject and the progression level are fine :)

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Col. said:

Yes Jamie this one is good to continue in our GB; both the subject and the progression level are fine :)

Thanks Col. !

• Like 1

Anyone planning on building a Skyraider?  It seems there are none to be had in the shops and the auction sites are too pricey based on what I have read about kit quality, etc...It seems the 'SPAD' ticks all the boxes for this GB...

10 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Anyone planning on building a Skyraider?  It seems there are none to be had in the shops and the auction sites are too pricey based on what I have read about kit quality, etc...It seems the 'SPAD' ticks all the boxes for this GB...

Yes, @Pappy is working on his at the moment - tempting @trickyrich all the while :lol:

• Haha 1

Thanks @Col..  More online research has just made me what what I cannot have: a solid 1/72nd scale Skyraider kit that doesn't require organ donation or blood letting to receive.  The best of the bunch seem to be the older Hasagawa kits and even these have their drawbacks.  I've read the reviews...bummer.  This would be a good project for Eduard, I would think.  They could corner the market.

• Like 2

Funny, I was just thinking (yesterday) of a Skyraider in connection with this Group.  But later in the day an A-20G had asserted itself.  In reality I don't think that I"m going to join in, but there's time yet to think about it...

On 2/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, John Masters said:

Thanks @Col..  More online research has just made me what what I cannot have: a solid 1/72nd scale Skyraider kit that doesn't require organ donation or blood letting to receive.  The best of the bunch seem to be the older Hasagawa kits and even these have their drawbacks.  I've read the reviews...bummer.  This would be a good project for Eduard, I would think.  They could corner the market.

From what I can recall even the ancient Airfix kit, while not a bad one given its vintage, goes for silly money when they do appear :( 

5 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Shockingly expensive.  And then in order to really get it right, prepare to spend at least another 25€ for aftermarket upgrades...

Indeed. As you say there's a gap in the market for a decent modern kit of this subject with a range of marking schemes applicable to it.

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning 

I hope that Hobby 2000 will rebox the Hasegawa Skyraider soon as they did with the SBD Dauntless ...

Best Regards 

Patrice 

Good morning Patrice.

That's a good shout! Hopefully the team at Hobby 2000 are thinking the same way as you :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I hope that Hobby 2000 will rebox the Hasegawa Skyraider soon as they did with the SBD Dauntless ...

Indeed!  Hobby 2000  have had a lot of my money recently because of their timely reboxes. 

• Like 1

Hi guys. I would like to complete my 1/48 Me 410A-1 in this GB. The front cockpit and wings are mostly built. I think the build is a tad over 25% but not much over.

Let me know if that is OK.

I've been away from modeling since the my Beaufighter project.  To much glue and paint effected my breathing which is a concern in this pandemic., as a result I have had a break. Now I'm ready to slowly get back to the bench. I'm also doing a Bf 108 which doesn't fit here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Hi guys. I would like to complete my 1/48 Me 410A-1 in this GB. The front cockpit and wings are mostly built. I think the build is a tad over 25% but not much over.

Let me know if that is OK.

I've been away from modeling since the my Beaufighter project.  To much glue and paint effected my breathing which is a concern in this pandemic., as a result I have had a break. Now I'm ready to slowly get back to the bench. I'm also doing a Bf 108 which doesn't fit here.

Get a thread going Greg. For the GB I'm not strictly enforcing the 25% rule to ensure projects get finished rather than creating more stuff for the Shame Shelf ;) It'll be great to have you back and the Me-410 is an uncommon subject.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are at the end of our first month and therefore 1/4 of the way through our GB gang. At this point we have six completed projects in the Gallery thread and several more about to join them. We've also go what I at least consider to be a good mix of subjects getting attention that are ensuring this has not become an aircraft-centred GB and these are occupying a broad range of scales. Keep up the great work gang :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Various reasons have stopped me from entering a second build not least a couple of the subjects I was considering have probably been used in todays events, but my jabs being forced, I’ve had to bin my KUTA b-25 as the spare canopy broke, think I like to start again on a b-25, do I get the airfix again or the italeri kit? 

7 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Any chance of a late entry? Would very much like to build two 1/32 and 1/35 AH-1s, a Vietnam Cobra and a Marines Whiskey or Viper.

Of course Alan. Welcome to the GB :)  Sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing your two Cobra project - will you be creating two threads or combining both in one?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Col. said:

Of course Alan. Welcome to the GB :)  Sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing your two Cobra project - will you be creating two threads or combining both in one?

Not sure...I'd like to do two threads if that's okay - they're two completely different kits, though close in scale 🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alan P said:

Not sure...I'd like to do two threads if that's okay - they're two completely different kits, though close in scale 🤔

Yes of course Alan :) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Col,

Just a thought - my A-7A Corsair II is obviously a strike aircraft but will hanging what I presume are training "blue" bombs on it cause any problems.

Pete

Edited by PeterB