Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

15 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Col,

Just a thought - my A-7A Corsair II is obviously a strike aircraft but will hanging what I presume are training "blue" bombs on it cause any problems.

Pete

No problems at all Pete. They're still bombs and the A-7 still a bomber regardless of whether it's practice or live rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Hello everybody, 

could I join the GB that late?

I have a 1/48 Kinetic F-104G that I would like to build as a German fighter bomber. 

Alex

Yes of course you can Alex, you're most welcome, we're at the half-way point so still two months remaining :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 6:49 PM, Blitz23 said:

Off for Easter with a 1/72 Italeri Jaguar calling out to me, might try and smash it out for the GB.

Go for it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time to revive this thread here....

Anyone also in dire need of an extension and overtime for the attackers? ⏲️

My Frogfoot got wings yesterday, but my Bison still needs them..

I'd really like to finish both!

What do you all think??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Time to revive this thread here....

Anyone also in dire need of an extension and overtime for the attackers? ⏲️

My Frogfoot got wings yesterday, but my Bison still needs them..

I'd really like to finish both!

What do you all think??

I'll ask Enzo nicely and let everyone know what he can grant us.

• Thanks 1

Public Service Announcement

Hear ye! Hear ye! Our great and glorious leader Enzo The Magnificent has spoken. We have been graced with a two week extension for our GB. We now finish on 29th May.

All praise our Lord Enzo! :D

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Col. said:

Hear ye! Hear ye! Our great and glorious leader Enzo The Magnificent has spoken. We have been graced with a two week extension for our GB. We now finish on 29th May.

Great news. Will try to finish before deadline. For once. 😁

Chris

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Great news. Will try to finish before deadline. For once. 😁

Chris

That's the spirit Chris :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Col. said:

Well, that's just great news! 

There's a chance I could still be finished before the 15th, but I'll *definitely* be finished before the 29th! Thanks @Col.and @Enzo Matrix!

• Like 2

Good morning

I totally agree that is a great news I was not sure that I will be able to finish my french Jug before the 15th but with a 2 weeks extension I am more confident ...

Thank you very much Enzo 👍

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2

For once, I shouldn't need the extra time, unusual for me, so I'll try & crack on so as I can get on with my Turning Japanese GB build & one I've decided to have a crack at over on ATF. 

Steve.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:01 PM, Col. said:

Excellent, I should be able to get my F-14 finished within the new timeframe!

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 11:08 AM, stevehnz said:

For once, I shouldn't need the extra time, unusual for me, so I'll try & crack on so as I can get on with my Turning Japanese GB build & one I've decided to have a crack at over on ATF. 

Steve.

Says he full of misguided confidence. As it was, it has been a week that kept on being inconvenient & a couple of things I was doing with undercarriage & airbrakes have needed redoing so the extra time has come in dead handy. 

Thanks @Enzo Matrix. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spent a wonderful half hour browsing through the entries in the gallery.   I've made a few mistakes when judging some of them... "nice 48th scale model".  Nope...  it was 72nd!    I did the same with a couple of 35th scale that also turned out to be 72nd.    There's some serious skill on display. :thumbsup: 

• Like 4

Unfortunately my Frogfoot in Macedonian colours will not hit the gallery... I could somehow make a push, but actually I wanna weather her, and do a cent job putting her on her legs as well....

The Bison is even further away from any touchdown line.... 

To be continued!!

Congrats already to all finishers!!!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

So I’m looking through the gallery and thinking there aren’t that many entries but at least I got my three done, then I realise there are three pages of photos and seventy models, of amazing variety and demonstrating wonderful skills. 

An extremely enjoyable and successful GB thanks to the organisers, we should definitely do this one again.

• Like 4

Got one done in the end much closer than I thought it would be, probably not a good idea to leave the most difficult of the final tasks, cleaning up the canopy framing till after dinner on the deadline day, always the danger it goes a bit wrong as mine did. Still enjoyed this and hope there’s a repeat in the future and look forward to have a browse of others builds 

• Like 1

Loved this GB, thanks everyone for all the great builds and thanks @Col. for all your hard work!

I have a quick request. I had all sorts of issues with my images and where they're hosted, and I'm now moving them, so hopefully that will fix the issue. However, I realise that the gallery is locked. Any chance it can be unlocked for a little while so I can update my post in the gallery with the new picture urls, @Enzo Matrix? Thanks!

Update: Enzo got that sorted for me, thanks!

• Like 1