Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

4 minutes ago, Col. said:

Hmm, good question Peter, the F-4F was acquired and operated as a fighter-bomber (albeit with restricted capacities in both roles compared to the E model) so no issues with the subject but I'd encourage you to do it in a standard service camouflage rather than a special scheme if possible. The box-art scheme would, however, look great for the Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers, and Special Schemes megaGB later in the year B) 

Thanks I think I will leave for later in the year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airfixpeter said:

Thanks I think I will leave for later in the year 

Have you any other suitable subjects to join this GB with?

1 hour ago, airfixpeter said:

I do have this 

Sorry for the double post. spacer.png

Aww, I thought we were in for a double build :)

• Haha 2

Oooh, that'll make a few holes.

I'm having fun sorting through all my available options.  So many choices, though part of my decision will be in deciding just how involved I want the project to be.  Anything from a fairly simple 1/72 OOB build, to a 1/48 bird w/ nearly half the plastic replaced by resin.  :rofl2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

I'm having fun sorting through all my available options.  So many choices, though part of my decision will be in deciding just how involved I want the project to be.  Anything from a fairly simple 1/72 OOB build, to a 1/48 bird w/ nearly half the plastic replaced by resin.  :rofl2:

So everything ranging from eminently sensible to @trickyrich-approved? You know my opinion already but won't attempt to carry any further influence :innocent:

1 hour ago, airfixpeter said:

I did find this lurking at bottom of the stash 

spacer.png

Oh yes, another good option, potentially an easier build-up than the Revell Tornado as well I'd imagine.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lex77 said:

Is a Lakenheath F-111F ok for this GB?

Yes! Yes it most certainly is :thumbsup: Please get a thread started and let's see it :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lex77 said:

Never heard of them, will have to look it up.

Here you go...

..and on that note I'd like to apologise now. The 80s were a strange time.

• Like 4

On 26/01/2022 at 17:24, helios16v said:

So many choices, though part of my decision will be in deciding just how involved I want the project to be.  Anything from a fairly simple 1/72 OOB build, to a 1/48 bird w/ nearly half the plastic replaced by resin.  :rofl2:

Or both...  :wicked: 

• Haha 2