Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

13 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Col,

If an F-14D (Tamiya 1:48) was fitted with Paveway and JDAM, would it qualify for this GB?

I ask as I've missed the F-14D due to lack of bench time over the last few months and if it doesn't sell in the next couple of weeks, I might decide to build it here!

I do have a 'Dambuster' but I had planned to do that in the 'Big & British' GB and it would mean I have an excuse for both

No worries if not; just worth an ask

Cheers

NIgel

Hello Nigel, yes a Bombcat is good, if you're depicting it loaded then even better :D 

20 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

Count me in please @Col.

Leaning towards an AS-90 Howitzer in mighty 1/72.

Cheers,

Dermot

If you're doing an AS-90 I'll be watching Dermot :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Good afternoon Col

I would like to know if I could join this Gb with a P B51 B Mustang in the markings of the 354 Fighter Group of the 9th Air Force ?

I would like to build the new ArmaHobby P51 B/C ...

Best Regards

Patrice

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Col

I would like to know if I could join this Gb with a P B51 B Mustang in the markings of the 354 Fighter Group of the 9th Air Force ?

I would like to build the new ArmaHobby P51 B/C ...

Best Regards

Patrice

Good evening Patrice. Without checking I'm thinking these particular machines were employed in the low-level strafing of ground targets and therefore yes :) 

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Two cool subject choices :) 

1 hour ago, psdavidson said:

I'd like to join in

I assume this is acceptable

103532-27767-62-720.jpg

/P

Yes it certainly is :) 

• Thanks 1

Just got an email through from university, 

"

Department of M3 Spring Semester Enrichment Week

Monday 31 January – Friday 4 February

"

Translation: reading week just a week after this starts! Looks like I'll have time for a lot of modelling that week :)

• Like 2

I seem to be spending far too much of my time pondering my final choice(s) (including when I really should be listening to what SWMBO is saying). I mean, half my stash qualifies!

EDIT: correction - more like three quarters!

Edited by TonyOD

3 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Just got an email through from university, 

"

Department of M3 Spring Semester Enrichment Week

Monday 31 January – Friday 4 February

"

Translation: reading week just a week after this starts! Looks like I'll have time for a lot of modelling that week :)

That's one way of enriching your life Adam :lol:

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

I seem to be spending far too much of my time pondering my final choice(s) (including when I really should be listening to what SWMBO is saying). I mean, half my stash qualifies!

Oops!

Step 1, Listen to SWMBO!

Step 2, Tell us your final choices so we can vote ;) (I'm guessing W.W.E.M.D. isn't an option?) 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

(I'm guessing W.W.E.M.D. isn't an option?) 

I think the limitations of my natural lifespan would be an issue, let alone the end date of the GB! Putting it to a vote wouldn't be a bad shout actually...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I think the limitations of my natural lifespan would be an issue, let alone the end date of the GB! Putting it to a vote wouldn't be a bad shout actually...

Paying more attention to what SWMBO is saying may help you with that issue ;) 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Col. said:

That's one way of enriching your life Adam :lol:

Oops!

Step 1, Listen to SWMBO!

Step 2, Tell us your final choices so we can vote ;) (I'm guessing W.W.E.M.D. isn't an option?) 

W.W.E.M.D. is ALWAYS an option.....just not always a practical one.  :winkgrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CamberrySauce said:

Count me in (if it's not too late). I've got a few kits I've been meaning to start and this group build finally gives me the motivation to make a start :)

Of course, you're most welcome sir, any thoughts as to what subject you'll choose?

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

W.W.E.M.D. is ALWAYS an option.....just not always a practical one.  :winkgrin:

True story :lol:

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Col

Thank you for your reply ..

See you in a few weeks for the start of this Gb

Best regards

Patrice

Good morning Patrice, a pleasure, that time will pass quickly I'm sure :) 

It seems we'll be in for a busy GB gang and with a good variety of subjects if the chat is anything to go by so far. We've now got sixteen days to go before the start date and therefore around nine before the official GB forum opens where we can begin populating our project threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Col. said:

Of course, you're most welcome sir, any thoughts as to what subject you'll choose?

I've got an Airfix Typhoon that has been languishing in my pile of shame for quite a while as well as a Blenheim which I've also been meaning to start.

• Like 1

Still a little unsure what I'll be building for this one, but I do know it will be a twin engined type! I'm leaning towards a Hasegawa Marauder or an Airfix Beaufort.... 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CamberrySauce said:

I've got an Airfix Typhoon that has been languishing in my pile of shame for quite a while as well as a Blenheim which I've also been meaning to start.

That's two good options. The Typhoon gets my personal vote although the Blenheim is no less valid a subject.

1 hour ago, Seamus said:

Still a little unsure what I'll be building for this one, but I do know it will be a twin engined type! I'm leaning towards a Hasegawa Marauder or an Airfix Beaufort.... 🤔

Another pair of good options. Not seen a Marauder done for a while and always liked the lines of that particular machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What would Elon Musk do? I need someone to explain this to me, and how it's funny, in simple English please.

E.M. = Enzo Matrix, our fearless leader.  Whenever someone proposes build options, his unwavering response is “build them all.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It looks like this is going to be a huge GB with far more entries than I will ever able to keep in touch with. I offer my apologies in advance to those members that I'll be forced to ignore.

Everything is certainly pointing towards this being a busy GB so any contribution you do make will be welcome :) 

We're now at 13 days until this one starts gang. The Cuban Missile Crisis was sorted in the same timescale so sure we'll be fine :D 

• Like 2