Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB Chat

1 minute ago, Jasonb13 said:

I could be interested in this one, does a Hind D qualify as ground attack?

Let me know, thanks...

It certainly does Jason :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasonb13 said:

Love the Hind myself, and I plan to build one I spoiled myself with for my birthday a while ago, the Eduard 1:48 Limited Edition one, with PE and Resin etc. bursting out of the box! 4 Months to build it will be tight...

That will be an impressive project Jason :speak_cool:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mukund SB said:

Hi Col, I would like to be part of this GB. But before signing up would like to check with you..... does the Bae Hawk 132 be eligible to be part of this GB? 

That's the Indian Air Force version? If so then I think I'm correct in saying it is used for light attack duties so yes it will be eligible :)

36 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Clear Prop models have just released a 1/72 Grumman OV-1 Mohawk.  Would this be eligible for this GB?

Battlefield observation and attack aircraft so yes indeed it is :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

Battlefield observation and attack aircraft so yes indeed it is :)

The OV designation indicated observation and FAC roles but the aircraft was stated to be a designed for light attack.  Just thought I would check. :)  I have wanted to build one of these aircraft for as long as I have been modelling so maybe now is the time. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The OV designation indicated observation and FAC roles but the aircraft was stated to be a designed for light attack.  Just thought I would check. :)  I have wanted to build one of these aircraft for as long as I have been modelling so maybe now is the time. :thumbsup:

Id like to build one myself, though with my budget the ancient Hasegawa kit might be my kit of choice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

That's the Indian Air Force version? If so then I think I'm correct in saying it is used for light attack duties so yes it will be eligible

Thank you. Please sign me up for this Group build and add me to the list....... I will be using the 1/48 Airfix Red Arrows kit and converting it to IAF Hawk 132. 

This will be my first GB in BM. Excited to be part of it 🤩

Have a Great Day....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

FAC aircraft are an excellent subject in their own right and deserve inclusion here at least :speak_cool:

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Id like to build one myself, though with my budget the ancient Hasegawa kit might be my kit of choice. 

Not a bad kit but good luck getting sufficient weight in the nose to prevent tail-sitting. Guess how I know :(

21 minutes ago, Mukund SB said:

Thank you. Please sign me up for this Group build and add me to the list....... I will be using the 1/48 Airfix Red Arrows kit and converting it to IAF Hawk 132. 

This will be my first GB in BM. Excited to be part of it 🤩

Have a Great Day....

Welcome to the Group Builds Mukund, I'm delighted you chose to join us here :D  I'm also delighted to see an Indian Air Force subject as they are far too rare :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I recently picked up some of the utterly masochistic Shelf Oddity AGM-65 Mavericks which come complete with a full decal sheet - https://shelfoddity.com/Maverick

Now I just need to find an interesting launch platform for these...

Ooh! I'd suggest an A-10 but there's no shortage of platforms for such a ubiquitous weapon.

11 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Sounds like a great opportunity to build my 1/32 hasegawa P-47 I planned to paint as a Brazilian one - if that works? Then I´m in! :D

That works, in you come :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col. said:

Ooh! I'd suggest an A-10 but there's no shortage of platforms for such a ubiquitous weapon.

Unfortunately the warthog is not well served in my scale, but you're definitely right about there being no shortage of aircraft that sported this weapon.

spacer.png

After stumbling on this picture, I had a look in my old LS kit of the type and it actually includes Mavericks in the box!

• Like 2

Since we’re discussing Hinds, here’s the special mini hobby 1/48 Hind I built last year.

resized_f946af62-5cb1-410d-a1b4-3f8a9403

It builds up into a very good looking model, I did mine in Peruvian markings. The biggest problem with the hind is that there are so many cool colour schemes it’s really hard to choose just one.

I’m presuming that the Dh9a qualifies as a bomber. ( my 1/48 Roden has an internal bomb bay) so l’ll be building it in Irish Aer Corps livery and Scratching/Kitbashing a Sopwith Salamander, I also have two Tornados 1  1/72 and 1/144 and a 1/144 warthog in the stash, and I’d love to build a frog foot, so this could  be quite a busy GB for me. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

In a fit of nostalgia I bought the MisterCraft boxing of the OEZ Su-7 a couple of months ago. It's a kit I fancied after wrestling their MiG-21 into something like submission in the late 1980s but never got round to it. 

So, a mere 30-odd years later...

John 

• Like 2

On 30/11/2021 at 21:50, Enzo Matrix said:

Clear Prop models have just released a 1/72 Grumman OV-1 Mohawk.

My kit arrived yesterday.  What an excellent kit!  I'm really looking forward to building this.  :thumbsup:

One comment:   as a twin turboprop aircraft I had always thought the OV-1 Mohawk was quite a large aircraft.    It's not!  In fact, it is smaller than a Beaufighter.

The kit box is the standard CP box size.  The kit parts occupy a corner...   It may be small, but it is perfectly formed!  :D 

• Like 1

One kit I have definitely pencilled in for this is the Italeri (ex-Zvezda) MiG 27:

128235-11185-pristine.jpg

I'll try to build at least one other kit, maybe two. The range of potential subject matter for this GB is huge, so who knows what they might be.

• Like 2